Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a good deal ?

• 07-08-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

A friend is trading in a 2000 Peug 206 and buying a 2004 New shape primera. The dealer is asking €3250 for changing. I think his being allowed €1500 for the Peug.

What ye think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Barr wrote: »
    A friend is trading in a 2000 Peug 206 and buying a 2004 New shape primera. The dealer is asking €3250 for changing. I think his being allowed €1500 for the Peug.

What ye think ?

€1500 for a Pug ain't too bad tbh. They've crap residuals. Cheapest on Carzone is exactly that, €4750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The only concern is the Primera has 130k miles up - do ye reckon thats an issue .
    Is there anything particular in that type Primera to look out for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Barr wrote: »
    The only concern is the Primera has 130k miles up - do ye reckon thats an issue .
    Is there anything particular in that type Primera to look out for ?

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=525

A service history would be a big plus. 130k is a good bit for a 5 year old.

500 miles a week is not out of the way for a rep mobile, I wouldn't put much faith in the honest John site, riddled with incorrect stuff, not useless though. I'd shop around for a lower mileage one, buy for cash negotiating minimum 15% off the screen price and sell the Peugeot in the local free adds or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have the car checked out by a good mechanic, while a high mileage car like that can be a good purchase you have to be prepared at that mileage that some components could be coming to the natural end of their life and need replacing. Things like replacing the clutch, suspension, etc could run up some expensive bills in the not so distant future.

Also verify the service history and any receipts for major work carried out and I would also look for signs on the car that it was possibly used as a taxi or hackney previously. Look for signs that a meter was fitted around the dashboard, scuff marks on the roof where a taxi plate was fitted or an additional aeriel fitted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement