Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FEI Nations Cup 2009

• 07-08-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Small gallery from round one of the FEI Nations Cup 2009 - Here

Unfortunately gonna miss the Puissance tomorrow... :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Some nice shots there:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I was there as well today. Which one were you? I actually think I was standing beside you when you took that shot of the rider sitting on the bench as I have the same one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

I was wearing a hat. HAs a Canon 70-200 and 300...

Poor guy just wasn't in the mood!

mrboswell wrote: »
    I was wearing a hat. HAs a Canon 70-200 and 300...

That narrows you down to about 10!! I was the lad in the pink t-shirt. I think that might have stood out more than my lenses!! :)

I was more interested in the US team today as I had to supply a magazine there so most of what I have are them.

37ABE9A9B8DE43B48F1333CA7768B5F0-800.jpg

20B56D43A14D4972B4B180E4F46C1D79-800.jpg

Think I was the only one wearing a hat and shorts!

• Advertisement

I remember you now. I was they guy that was asking you about photographers positions before the event started when you were sitting on the grass at the press box side of the arena.

Will you be there sunday for the grand prix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Some nice shots but I think those front on shots dont work, also some of the tight shots dont give any idea of what they are jumping. Aindreas, that first one is too late.

I am a bit dismayed at some of the coverage I have seen in the national papers of the Horse show, continually I see sub par work published and it really doesnt do the sport any favours. I have sent off quite a bit of work that I would class very good and still pure garbage gets printed. Features and PR photographers should stick to what they are good at..

Sorry just got to get that off my chest

Darragh Kerrins on the Night Train
    3FD84EA56E714558A01D02743913D353-800.jpg

Cian O Connor - Speed Derby
    C6109ACA50964C7B9C7D60589E6E1BDA-800.jpg

Peter Charles - Winner of the Six Bar
    6D0E35C348314EC5BE55DBCC0297175C-800.jpg

I will be over at the new stand tomorrow for the Puissance shooting towards the Anglesea stand with a Sigma 120-300 so if anybody is around say hello

Borderfox wrote: »
    Aindreas, that first one is too late.
    Yea, I know. I liked the facial expression of the rider more on this one. Most of the others are timed correctly, using single rather than burst shots no less!! I learned well from the master ;)!!

I will be over at the new stand tomorrow for the Puissance shooting towards the Anglesea stand with a Sigma 120-300
    I'll be armed with the same weaponry!! See you later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'm liking all the photos here, ie. good action ones.........but.........I'm thinking to my-(amateurish)-self that Borderfox's 1st pic of Darragh Kerrins is a tad over-exposed, or am I wrong in saying that :eek:
    I like Ballyman's 1st pic, as the subject (horse & rider) fills the frame better compared to the others ! I feel part of the action, wheras the other pics, the 'action' is too far away from me (just a personal opinion).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I will be over at the new stand tomorrow for the Puissance shooting towards the Anglesea stand with a Sigma 120-300 so if anybody is around say hello

I seen ya today and you straight by me! :rolleyes:

lol I was wrecked and on lunch so didnt go after you. What you going to take 2moro? Stuck in the main ring til lunch myself, then the parade and the huntchase. I'll see ya around no doubt!

Jemmy wrote: »
    I seen ya today and you straight by me! :rolleyes:

That could have been me too as I was armoured up with the same lens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ballyman wrote: »
    That could have been me too as I was armoured up with the same lens!

Ah I've met Borderfox last year, altho I was that tired it could have been anyone! Over by the small international warm up around half 1 - 2ish I think a quick snap walking by.

If you see me around say hi, I'll be in a Hoofprints jacket or if its a lovely sunny day again, I'll be the girl with the Canon 1D Mark III with a 70-200 lense probably.

:D

Ah, fair enough. Here he is hard at work today!

I'm there again tomorrow but only for the grand prix.

AF84B72EDCC24C88B3C76C7907DF045A-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Well, I can identify two in the photo.

Looks like it was wet there. Not a drop of rain here all day though.

I'm sure there was great images today.

I'm jealous.

Paulw wrote: »
    Looks like it was wet there. Not a drop of rain here all day though.
    Very!! (I know Keith doesn't like this kind of shot!)
    B77AFADB30394D0FBD21EF2F9D6FB8A4-800.jpg

And my favourite of the day. Horse and rider were fine afterwards, when they eventually caught the horse.
    14ED9DC0993D4BFDA960EF7FC00A95D8-800.jpg

I like that first one Aindreas, very nice. I am a sucker for the rain shots.

I'm liking all the photos here, ie. good action ones.........but.........I'm thinking to my-(amateurish)-self that Borderfox's 1st pic of Darragh Kerrins is a tad over-exposed, or am I wrong in saying that :eek:
    I like Ballyman's 1st pic, as the subject (horse & rider) fills the frame better compared to the others ! I feel part of the action, wheras the other pics, the 'action' is too far away from me (just a personal opinion).

Your probably right, I shoot two thirds over most of the time to expose the horses especially the darker ones.

Ballyman wrote: »
    I remember you now. I was they guy that was asking you about photographers positions before the event started when you were sitting on the grass at the press box side of the arena.

Will you be there sunday for the grand prix?
    Ballyman - Remember you now alright. I probable should have stayed there! You must have got that shot of the Swiss guy when you were walking through the arena.
    Some nice shots but I think those front on shots dont work, also some of the tight shots dont give any idea of what they are jumping. Aindreas, that first one is too late.

I am a bit dismayed at some of the coverage I have seen in the national papers of the Horse show, continually I see sub par work published and it really doesnt do the sport any favours. I have sent off quite a bit of work that I would class very good and still pure garbage gets printed. Features and PR photographers should stick to what they are good at..

Sorry just got to get that off my chest

Borderfox - It was my first time shoot horsies and I decided to go inside the arena and not being used to horses passing very close to me - I thought they were huge and a few times when they came around behind me I was paranoid that the horses were going to trample on me. Also couldn't move out of the pocket without permission so i was stuck there!

I tried to pick the spot that had "contact" with the most fences but the background on nearly every shot in the place was horrible. I went for tight shots so they would be less distracting to the subject.

In terms of national press you could always get something in compared to what they actually print but unless you have something that the the staff or agency photographers papers will probably never touch you. I wouldn't waste my time submitting unless I know I had something they didn't.

Aside from all of that I enjoyed myself and took some pictures I like so it was a good day for me.

Cian O Connor - Speed Derby
    C6109ACA50964C7B9C7D60589E6E1BDA-800.jpg

Borderfox - How do you get the multilpe exposure in the merge? - I don't think photoshop will do it but I'm not sure...

Thanks,
    Colm

• Advertisement

Brushing away the masks manually

Brushing away the masks manually

Ah right - thanks

Advertisement