Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tyres bought on internet

• 07-08-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi everyone, just bought new set of tyres on the net, I heard not all tyre centres fitting tyres if u didn`t buy tyres from them... maybe some of you had the same problem? who can fitt them for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi I did this, there is a place off the Cork road by the Citroen dealer, turn down the side of dealer, spot the motor bike dealer at the bottom, turn right into a yard (you'll see a sign for the tyre fitter) and drive though into the next yard - thats where they hang out. 5 euro per tyre for disposal of old rubber, about 20 euro a wheel, including balancing to fit I think.

Someone will know thier name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cdariuks

mike65 wrote: »
    Hi I did this, there is a place off the Cork road by the Citroen dealer, turn down the side of dealer, spot the motor bike dealer at the bottom, turn right into a yard (you'll see a sign for the tyre fitter) and drive though into the next yard - thats where they hang out. 5 euro per tyre for disposal of old rubber, about 20 euro a wheel, including balancing to fit I think.

thanks mike65 :D you saved my time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

mike65 wrote: »

Larry Guinan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

1967 wrote: »
    Larry Guinan

and ask him for a look at his all ireland medal while your down there ;)

and ask him for a look at his all ireland medal while your down there ;)

you should`ve told me that earlier :) but I`m going back there next week for tracking :) anyway, they charged me 30 euro for 2 tyres including balansing, and didn`t charge for old rubber at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

cdariuks wrote: »
    you should`ve told me that earlier :) but I`m going back there next week for tracking :) anyway, they charged me 30 euro for 2 tyres including balansing, and didn`t charge for old rubber at all...

Sounds like a decent deal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi everyone, just bought new set of tyres on the net, I heard not all tyre centres fitting tyres if u didn`t buy tyres from them... maybe some of you had the same problem? who can fitt them for me?

What type of tyers and how much? Iv always found online more expensive then dealing locally!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gercon2009

billy rynn tyres in ferrybank does it of a 10 euro a wheel thats balances aswell

Sully wrote: »
    What type of tyers and how much? Iv always found online more expensive then dealing locally!

there were just ussuall tyres, can get them from 40 euro online, sometimes it works out cheaper, depends on what you buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Think i will be doing the same my self. Its hard to buy the tyres you want at the local garges. Will be getting 2 tyres done by them my self soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

can u remember which site u used,,,irish or english i heard of www.eiretyres.ie and an english one www.thevisorshop.com

alrightcuz wrote: »
    can u remember which site u used,,,irish or english i heard of www.eiretyres.ie and an english one www.thevisorshop.com

I get them in www.eiretyres.ie, but they have very reasonable prices in lary guinann garage as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

You won't find cheaper that camskill.co.uk

Advertisement