Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

Was on to eircom phone watch today.
    Wireless alarm system and one years monitoring 1800 euro:eek:
    Gun licence 80 euro each:eek::eek:
    Gun club mebership:eek::eek::eek:
    THIS GETTING EXPENSIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

And the criminals have to pay sweet kcuf all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Got one for my own house that is wireless and hooks up to the phone line. A GSM kit can be added also.

Completeley wireless, Easy enough to fit, very happy with it.

http://www.quick2fit.co.uk/category/Powermax-Plus-Alarm-Packages-(868mHz).cfm

NOTE: This alarm wont be recognised by your insurance company because in this country yo have to be PSA registered ( another money racket )

Its a good alarm and very reliable with some great features. I used to install alarms a few years ago.
    Eircom quoted me 1100 I got the kit for 300 STG ;)

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I got one on e,bay for 90 euro,,wireless and dials 5 numbers and covers all entries into the house.
    great little system (homesafe) is the brand. but wont do for the category 3 which has to be monitored by a registered company.
    just another money racket here again.
    my existing alarm cannot be upgrade by eircom either because they say its too old and would need a whole new system with new wiring etc,
    now thats a ripoff because the wiring is the same.
    also they quoted me almost 2k to do it.

just to avoid confusion here i have two alarms 1 normal and the dialup one from ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

daveob007 wrote: »
    I got one on e,bay for 90 euro,,wireless and dials 5 numbers and covers all entries into the house.
    great little system (homesafe) is the brand. but wont do for the category 3 which has to be monitored by a registered company.
    just another money racket here again.
    my existing alarm cannot be upgrade by eircom either because they say its too old and would need a whole new system with new wiring etc,
    now thats a ripoff because the wiring is the same.
    also they quoted me almost 2k to do it.

just to avoid confusion here i have two alarms 1 normal and the dialup one from ebay.
    The systems that dial you do not give the level of information required to determine if it's a false alarm or a real activation. Properly monitored systems will give zone activation information and whether they are double or single activations i.e just a perimeter activation without an internal activation.

There's a lot more to it than just phoning you to let you know your alarm's gone off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Wireless alarm system and one years monitoring 1800 euro

As far as I know this is the installation cost and a one off payment. After the first year runs out you just pay a monthly monitoring fee (can't remember how much it is but I think it is around the 20-30 Euro mark - better check it with customer services).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭altor

paddy2008 wrote: »
    Was on to eircom phone watch today.
    Wireless alarm system and one years monitoring 1800 euro:eek:
    Gun licence 80 euro each:eek::eek:
    Gun club mebership:eek::eek::eek:
    THIS GETTING EXPENSIVE!

Wireless alarms are expensive but if your house has no wires this is the way to go. After the first year you have to pay the monitoring and take out a service contract on your system to keep the system up to standards and to keep it monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭altor

mac80 wrote: »
    Got one for my own house that is wireless and hooks up to the phone line. A GSM kit can be added also.

Completeley wireless, Easy enough to fit, very happy with it.

http://www.quick2fit.co.uk/category/Powermax-Plus-Alarm-Packages-(868mHz).cfm

NOTE: This alarm wont be recognised by your insurance company because in this country yo have to be PSA registered ( another money racket )

Its a good alarm and very reliable with some great features. I used to install alarms a few years ago.
    Eircom quoted me 1100 I got the kit for 300 STG ;)

Mac

Thats a good price but the alarm needs to be certified and have a service contract to get it monitored by a monitoring station..

Advertisement