Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbox Shell

Options
  • 07-08-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Ive recently been upgrading my gearbox and with all the srewing and unscrewing of my grip i have ruined the threads and lost the original screws,its the part where the grip screws into to gearbox and where the motor and wiring is housed.Where is it possible to find the screws that would fit it.Its a V2.I can easily purchase a new gearbox shell but the screws arn't so easy to get.Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ive recently been upgrading my gearbox and with all the srewing and unscrewing of my grip i have ruined the threads and lost the original screws,its the part where the grip screws into to gearbox and where the motor and wiring is housed.Where is it possible to find the screws that would fit it.Its a V2.I can easily purchase a new gearbox shell but the screws arn't so easy to get.Any help?

New grip might come with them, but that shouldnt be necessary. When I loose a screw I can usually find one around the house, as long as it isnt completely unique. Eg, replaced UMP retainer screw with one from a speedloader :) IIRC the sig is a V2, and the screws in that are pretty average. I'm guessing yours is an armalite though. I dont touch them myself.

Eirsoft have a bits box AFAIK, you could ask Masada very nicely to have a look and offer cookies. Him or Doc:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Mind you they have to be Maryland Cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Mind you they have to be Maryland Cookies.

Yeah we dont use currency any more its all about the cookies now especially Marylands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol, Fox's chocolate is the preferred brand., :p

im sure theres something in the mountains of parts we accumulate. drop up and we'll look into it for ya. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

just get, i think its an M3 hex or slot head and trim them to size, but leave them a little bit longer than the stock screw so youll have a bit more grip in the gearbox as its like the threads are wearing there as well.

grind or dremmel the cut end of the bolt so it can catch the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Cheers for the help,Il have a look for some that work,if i dont have any,Il give Masada a bell.

By the way,can you send cookies via pm?:pac:

Advertisement