Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moynalty: 2009 Steam Threshing Festival this Sunday

Options
  • 07-08-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anybody going to it?

I've never been to it before but as it's on the same day as the Meath-Mayo match, I'm trying to see which is the best choice.

Is there plenty of stuff for kids to do in Moynalty? What sort of stuff can adults do at it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Went for the first time today. Super day. Loads to see and stacks of food. Plenty of stuff for the kiddies. Congrats to all the people who organized and ran it. The roast pig was delicious! Well done to all in Moynalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dáibhí

Went for the first time today. Super day. Loads to see and stacks of food. Plenty of stuff for the kiddies. Congrats to all the people who organized and ran it. The roast pig was delicious! Well done to all in Moynalty.

Huge crowd alright. I thought I had arrived in Texas for a while as there was a slew of stands selling toy guns - including toy machine guns - for kids. Scary stuff to find that in rural Meath and with the country and western music I was expecting to hear some bible-thumping at any moment.

The amount of bouncy castles and slides was great. Loads of home baking stuff as well. Very well done to all. What are they going to do with all those €10s?!

PS: I think next year they could make it run into the night. A 5pm closing time was a bit restrictive for people like myself who came from Dunshaughlin, never mind all those who came from Armagh and even Cork. A massive céilí in the town could be a good idea. There are no shortage of musicians there. My first, and only, dancing at the crossroads was not too far from Moynalty, in Cormeen, about 18 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Dáibhí wrote: »
    Huge crowd alright. I thought I had arrived in Texas for a while as there was a slew of stands selling toy guns - including toy machine guns - for kids. Scary stuff to find that in rural Meath and with the country and western music I was expecting to hear some bible-thumping at any moment.

The amount of bouncy castles and slides was great. Loads of home baking stuff as well. Very well done to all. What are they going to do with all those €10s?!

PS: I think next year they could make it run into the night. A 5pm closing time was a bit restrictive for people like myself who came from Dunshaughlin, never mind all those who came from Armagh and even Cork. A massive céilí in the town could be a good idea. There are no shortage of musicians there. My first, and only, dancing at the crossroads was not too far from Moynalty, in Cormeen, about 18 years ago.

I live in Cormeen!

Advertisement