Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Sitter Galway

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone can recommend home boarding in Galway. I have a mini Yorkie who was in Kennels last weekend for 4 nights for first time. She has her kennel cough vac but I think has caught it anyway. trip to the vet first thing in the morning...she will be sleeping with me tonight!

Anyway just wondering really for recommendations for home boarding in Galway, a more of a one on one thing rather than kennels. The one we used were fine, she was very stressed out so they brought her into their house which we are obviously very grateful for but if I have to leave her again I would be more at ease if she was getting more attention. When we went back to collect her and the lady went into the kitchen she didnt even look up, was very miserable looking. She smelled terrible as well. Washed her when we got home and still smelled like death so had to get her groomed. then the next morning she had this cough so dont know if its from kennel or the groomers.

anyway back to my question cos I was ranting there for a min...any recommendations??

thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Guys,

any recommendation on this? Really need to get it sorted we are going away next month for 3 days and would love to get her sorted somewhere nice! Put my mind at ease!

Thanks,
    Donna :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know anyone but try an ad in Advertiser and maybe a notice in your signature
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks Magnus! Have found one in Dublin, we are staying in Dublin for the two nights so might just bring her to dublin if I cant find anyone around Galway!

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd love to do it but I don't think my landlord would really appreciate it :P

Plus we already have a cat and a labrador puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

Tilly girl, try Martina from PetPals. She minds our cat while we are away, calls as many times as you like, and is not expensive. She mostly walks dogs I think. PM me if you want her number. Otherwise try your local vet for a list of pet sitters, dog walkers and kennels. Ark vet has a good list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement