Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up Of Tarnac replacing the paving stones?

• 07-08-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Took a walk along the quay the other day and it amazes me that contractors / corporation / whomever - are allowed to dig up sections of road or footpath which are beautifully cobbled and cover the area in tarmac and walk away!

A fortune was spent on the section in front of the clock tower and it was ruined by someone digging it up and filling it in with tarmac.

I also notice that down at the plaza where the current work is being done they have made a ramp of tarmac around the monument there. I hope that is not how they plan on leaving it.

The city spends lots of money on making the pavements beautiful but then throws it all away by not insisting that things are put back properly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Maybe they are not finished and the tarmac is only temporary. They then dig it up again to do whatever else need doing and put back the stones when they are finished. That's happened before anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Kahless wrote: »
    Maybe they are not finished and the tarmac is only temporary. They then dig it up again to do whatever else need doing and put back the stones when they are finished. That's happened before anyway.

I'm hoping that is the case down by the plaza but the entire section in front of the clock tower has been tarmaced for over a year.

Advertisement