Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Digital8 DCR TRV245E CCD f*cked.

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

I have two of these, for repair. Both cameras ccd gone.
    Does anyone know if this is a regular occurrence on that particular model?
    Anywhere I can purchase a replacement?
    Won't bring it to a repair shop (better off getting a new one is the standard reply to anything defect there, just wanting to flog you a new one), just obtaining parts is the trouble.
    Since everyone just wants to flog you stuff and has no interest in fixing anything in this country I might have to look to the UK as in 99% of cases when I need parts for anything. (Telly, PC, Laptop, car, bike, chainsaw, lawnmower, breadmaker, hifi, CD player) in Ireland: It's f*cked, buy a new one, UK: yes sir, we have that part in stock and it's been sent to your address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

I have the 460 model with what i presume is the same problem. Appartantely sony were covering the fault because that many people came back with that problem. I haven't done anything about getting mine fixed. Do you know where the parts would be available in the uk? I only used the camcorder about 5-6 times in total and it is like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Still checking, but rapidly coming to the conclusion that a different camera may be in order.
    On top of that with this camera Sony sold it as "fully compatible with Hi8/8mm tapes"
    People bought the camera based on this assurance by Sony, so they could still play back their old tapes.
    It doesn't.
    It will record onto them, but not play back anything that has been recorded in 8mm/Hi8.
    So people got landed with a camcorder that didn't play back their old tapes and broke after the warranty ran out.
    Sonys answer? Get stuffed.
    I personally have a Sony DCR-TRV320E, which WILL play back the old tapes and digitize analog video signal on the fly via FireWire (Don't bother with USB, it's USELESS!), it's older, has far more mileage and has never gone wrong.
    Thank god I didn't pay for the 245!

Advertisement