Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'06 320d traction control light on???

• 07-08-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

The traction control and hand brake light and on amber. Brought to main dealer today they said it could be the abs system gone and it could cost around €2k they would have to run the diagnostic to establish.
    Anyone know is this an easy fix or is it serious??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

This fault seems to be common on the 3 series around that age. The last person I heard with that problem was having it done free by BMW due to it being a known fault. The car didnt have a BMW history either but they were pretty sure it was goiong to be covered by BMW.
    No quick cheap fix for this though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 HydroDF

mickdw wrote: »
    This fault seems to be common on the 3 series around that age. The last person I heard with that problem was having it done free by BMW due to it being a known fault. The car didnt have a BMW history either but they were pretty sure it was goiong to be covered by BMW.
    No quick cheap fix for this though

To be fair, they did say that BMW had recognised it as a fault but beacuse I have 106k miles he wasn't sure they would cover any of the cost. I have FBMWSH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

has your speedo stopped working too? (it does on the older 5 series when the abs controller goes) these units can be refurbed for about 250 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

From what you posted they have faulted the module without plugging it in to even read the codes. Get it plugged in before you start to worry.

The modules are a common fault. if it is that then fight them.

pred racer wrote: »
    has your speedo stopped working too? (it does on the older 5 series when the abs controller goes) these units can be refurbed for about 250 euro

No speedo workin ok, is a refurb ok for an abs unit?? safe??

• Advertisement

From what you posted they have faulted the module without plugging it in to even read the codes. Get it plugged in before you start to worry.

The modules are a common fault. if it is that then fight them.

OK, I got the name of a BMW mechanic in Ranelagh form the BMW forum and had only rang him this morning to do a service. Could get him to plug in and see. Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

To the best of my knowledge there is no one claiming to rebuild these units. The earlier one was available, though rebuilt or reconditioned as a description was a bit of a stretch.

Advertisement