Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christian and Season 1 in general

• 07-08-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

After watching half of season 1 again, I've been thinking about Christian...

I think the Christian we see in White Rabbit isn't the same as the Christian in season 4/5..

I was really just wondering what people thought?

Also just after watching solitary and Rousseau(?) says "they are the carriers" and later refers to them as the others.... what does she mean by that??

Thats all the questions i have really... just one last note.. it's really interesting to see Locke in all the main scenes about black and white.. e.g the game, stones, Claire's vision...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I always thought the Christian we saw in "White Rabbit" was different from the other apparitions that occured throughout the season. He was up close and "there" as opposed to the other ones which seemed distant. Its that scene where Jack walks up to a turned Christian in the jungle that really shows this. Christian turns slowly towards Jack and you just know theres something different about that scene and Christian himself, I think there is anyways.

When they (can't remember who exactly) first went to the cabin, the dust circle was broken which means whatever spirit was being contained was free to roam the island (I think thats what it means). So Esau (or whoever) could have been at the crash site which would all fit together.

As Ben said, "Dead is dead. You don't come back from that, not even here.". I think that this confirms that Christian is infact dead, why his body wasn't in the coffin I don't really know. Maybe we'll find out next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Anima wrote: »
    As Ben said, "Dead is dead. You don't come back from that, not even here.". I think that this confirms that Christian is infact dead, why his body wasn't in the coffin I don't really know. Maybe we'll find out next season.

We are believing stuff Ben says now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

While why we are on season 1. I will use this as a generic thread for general ramblings.
    I am re-watching everything again because what the hell why not.
    I've really enjoyed the first 9 episodes of season 1. Such innocent times.
    I kind have been a bit down on s1 as especially early on as not much happened but I forgot quite how good it was and how strongly each character was developed.

Latest episode was Solitary. I didn't realise how important this episode was. We first see Rousseau, Ethan and the cable to the looking glass. We hear the whispers for the first time. We get the first mention of the others and the Black Rock.

I get the sense that the creative process went something like this. Do the pilot. I am certain they knew practically nothing of mythology at this stage. Example from the DVD commentary was Locke being in a wheelchair wasn't decided to after the pilot was made. They get picked up by ABC so sketch out the characters in much more detail and general outline of opening few episodes. In reality there is very little plot and it's totally character driven. Once they sculptured details of everybody then they work on the mythology. This happens roughly when writing Solitary. They decide on a long term vision for what they want and where the show will head and introduce them all in this episode.

Another point is about this episodes is a lot of what Rousseau says happened is not what we see in season 5. She says she never seen the others even though she meets Ben, naturally Jin gets no mention and a few other discrepencies. You can say her memory was gone which is an ok explanation but I suppose this justifies why they give as little detail as possible so they have a lot of freedom when answering those questions.

Advertisement