Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modifying a fiesta Mk 5

• 07-08-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    Just bought a ford fiesta recently. It's a 99 Mk5 1.3
    I want to modify the exterior. Has anyone got any ideas or links to websites to get body kits etc. in Ireland
    Also what is the average you would spend on a full body kit??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Tidy it up, dont bother with big fcuk off bodykits, just a simple lip will do, either front, back or both, nice little set of rims, maybe lowering springs and alerady you have a little cruiser, simple things make it look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭david....

i personalie would not go for a fiesta
    (i would like to modify a focus a bit more)

i hope your fiesta is in black becouse that is the best colour:D

if i were you i would buy 15'' tsw multispoke alloys,
    lower the car 40 mill,
    buy a plain bodykit (not too extravagent)
    a sub, 6x9's and a cd player.
    a maybe a quiet backbox.

that would be my ideal fiesta mk5 if i wanted 1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

spend the money on buying a 1.6 Zetec S model.no point in spending money on a 1.3.
    even a lip kit will cost over a grand fitted. then there's alloys etc.

david.... wrote: »

lower the car 40 mill,
    a maybe a quiet backbox.

I call ricer on that tbh
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    spend the money on buying a 1.6 Zetec S model.no point in spending money on a 1.3.
    even a lip kit will cost over a grand fitted. then there's alloys etc.

A grand for a lip kit :S where are you going to get this pricing? It's like 150 quid for the lip, get it in PVC black and fit it yourself, not hard like.
    And on the subject of modding a 1.3, I'm currently doing the rounds on my 1.3 civic, and I'm doing fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 simonmcf

david.... wrote: »

lower the car 40 mill,
    a maybe a quiet backbox.

sorry but dont do any off the above!
    It was my first car also, get a zetec-s grill ( my old one before), get it sprayed up and it will tidy up the front a nice bit, also change the indicators to the silvertec bulbs, get a decent panel filter and maybe an omp upper stut bar, other then that dont crash, keep it clean and serviced, get your no claims and get something nice in 12 months

PICT0283.jpg

• Advertisement

To add on to what I said aswell, don't make any purchases that will bring the overall prive of the car down, such as garish wheels or bodykits etc, rather use it to make your car handle better or give better performance, such as uprated brakes and such. Brakes were the first thing I done to my civic, and already I noticed a huuuuuge difference, now I'm not saying go down the same road as me, but if you plan on keeping the car for a relatively long time, do your thing, don't be afraid of what others think and for god's sake don't get lexus lights :P

Advertisement