Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does editing posts work?

• 07-08-2009 11:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes when I edit a post I made, the 'Last edited by **Timbuk2**' doesn't appear at the bottom of the post, but sometimes it does.

What determines this? I think it's something to do with editing it within a certain period of time of posting it originally (to fix spelling errors), but what exactly is this time limit between posting and editing?

Also, can Mods (higher up Mods than Hmods) 'ghost edit' a post where they edit somebody elses post without the 'Last edited by...' appearing at the bottom of a post?

Comments

Sometimes when I edit a post I made, the 'Last edited by **Timbuk2**' doesn't appear at the bottom of the post, but sometimes it does.

What determines this? I think it's something to do with editing it within a certain period of time of posting it originally (to fix spelling errors), but what exactly is this time limit between posting and editing?

Yah, that's how it works. I'm not sure what the exact time limit is, but it seems to be around the 120 seconds mark.
    Also, can Mods (higher up Mods than Hmods) 'ghost edit' a post where they edit somebody elses post without the 'Last edited by...' appearing at the bottom of a post?

No, we can't. If we edit a post it'll come up as "Last edited by...". Although, if we edit one within the time frame (be it 120 seconds or whatever) I'm not exactly sure what happens.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the reply!

If a post is edited, are all the 'Thanks' cleared from that post (assuming there were Thanks on the post before it was edited)?

Nope, they're not deleted. You can edit it as many times as you like and the thanks remain.

Advertisement