Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious about money transfers

Options
  • 08-08-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

I was passing an internet cafe/call shop earlier, when a sticker for a well known money transfer company caught my eye. This was mainly because it was right next to a sign advertising cheap phone calls to an area that's fairly well known for various money transfer scams.

It started me thinking - has anyone here ever used one of these companies for a legitimate money transfer in the last 10 or so years? With online banking, if I ever needed immediate money, I'd just get my parents to do an online transfer from their account to mine. My sister lives abroad, and any time we want to send each other money, we do that online as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

A friend of mine works in a hostel and she always gets people asking where the nearest place to transfer money is. So some people are using them!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

If you mean Western Union, I did use them a while ago (~8 years). No problems except for a high commission rate.

Advertisement