Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Beetroots

Options
  • 08-08-2009 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in drogheda u can get raw beetroot ? Been looking for it for months but can only seem to get the pickled stuff, got the raw ones in Dunnes in Scotch Hall a few months ago but they haven't had them since, can anyone help me out here ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Any green grocers worth their salt should have them or at least get them in for you specifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tesco had them in the new place a few weeks ago, i stuggle to think of a single green grocer in the town though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Any green grocers worth their salt should have them or at least get them in for you specifically.

Yes that's what i thought but they seem to be few and far between.

Calex71 yes been looking in that new tesco and i've never seen them in there either must have just had them in as a once off and seen they didn't really sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Did you try the market in drogheda on saturdays, thats the spot, good for stamina I believe. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

They have the unpickled cooked ones in Aldi Lidl and Tesco in vacuumn packs in the fruit and veg sections. I just reheat them.

• Advertisement

macadam wrote: »
    Did you try the market in drogheda on saturdays, thats the spot, good for stamina I believe. ;);)

No never thought of that, will have a look next sat if i get a chance if not the following one. As for the stamina it's that long since i've had them i've forgotten if they're any good for stamina ;)
    gonker wrote: »
    They have the unpickled cooked ones in Aldi Lidl and Tesco in vacuumn packs in the fruit and veg sections. I just reheat them.

Thanks gonker but i'm looking for the raw ones that i have to peel, i use them for juices so don't want cooked ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

Not quite in Drogheda, but you could try the farmer's market at Sonairte in Laytown which runs every 2nd Sunday - it's a while since I've been there so I'm not sure if they actually sell what you're looking for but worth a try?

There was a veg shop opposite Grange Rath (at the back of one of the bungalows across the road from the estate not far from SouthGate centre), some of their veg was grown locally so might also be worth a look if it's still there?

gipi wrote: »
    Not quite in Drogheda, but you could try the farmer's market at Sonairte in Laytown which runs every 2nd Sunday - it's a while since I've been there so I'm not sure if they actually sell what you're looking for but worth a try?

There was a veg shop opposite Grange Rath (at the back of one of the bungalows across the road from the estate not far from SouthGate centre), some of their veg was grown locally so might also be worth a look if it's still there?

Was thinking of trying Sonairte alright but wasn't sure when the market was on, and never knew there was a veg shop up at Grange Rath, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dagb20

you'll definitly get them down the Drogheda market. got them there many times the last few weeks. Just ask any of the veg stalls and if they don't have them they'll point you in the right direction to someone who does...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Z.orba,

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for all the replies, with that list of places i'm sure i'll get them somewhere ;)

Advertisement