Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's Eye Patches

Options
  • 08-08-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

:cool:
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but i'm just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere i could get children's eye patches. . .you know the ones for a lazy eye? I'm looking or the ones with pictures on them, or even coloured ones? They're actually for my 5 yr old niece, and we cannot find them anywhere. . i've searched the net too, but to no avail! Any help would be great! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

The optician who prescribed the patches should have given you some, if not go back and ask for them.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post but just in case. If you have not seen an optician on no uncertain terms should you patch the child’s eye on your own initiative. You could cause irreversible damage such as diplopia or double vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The optician only gives those horrible skin coloured ones!! She wants ones with designs on them... gives the child more incentive to wear them and not throw tantrums over them like I did when I was younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

When my son had to wear an eye patch we got the patches with the pictures from the eye clinic (public). They came in a box, plain ones that you then transfer the pictures onto by rubbing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

My DD uses these ones (link), the skin-coloured ones on the right-hand side, these come with sheets of rub-on sticker transfers with a variety of designs. They can be got in most pharmacies, costing about €8 or so for a pack of 25-30.
    I have seen the pre-printed ones in some pharmacies and opticians but they tend to be a lot more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dfens wrote: »
    My DD uses these ones (link), the skin-coloured ones on the right-hand side, these come with sheets of rub-on sticker transfers with a variety of designs. They can be got in most pharmacies, costing about €8 or so for a pack of 25-30.
    I have seen the pre-printed ones in some pharmacies and opticians but they tend to be a lot more expensive.

They're the ones my lad wore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hya you can get the coloured eye patches on ebay

Look up Opticlude eye patch

Thats where I get mine.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pat.folan

I live in Galway and use eye patches produced by a company in Furbo called eye2eye. Local chemists stock them. I buy mine in Knocknacarra. The patches come in a variety of sizes and are colourful with gender appropriate pictures.

My son loves the green army camouflage patch and the bright red one with footballs. There are other designs in the box such as a yellow patch with boats, etc.

They cost 60 cents per patch. Regular patches cost 50 cents here so not a big price difference.

Advertisement