Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Em...

Options
  • 08-08-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Ok so, was feeling tired, realised I was late, test is positive. Am I actually pregnant? How can I be sure? I mean...me...pregnant

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Positive test....

Pretty sure you're pregnant missus. 99%, take another test anyway but I doubt it'll be any different. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I took two...should I try another one? Oh. Now what do I do?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Didnt think theres such thing as a false positive.Id say your pregnant

Congratulations :)

Congrats sweetie.

Hope you get over the shock soon! First step for a pregnancy is your GP.

I'm delighted. I've endometritis, not the first time I've been pregnant but never worked out. Now all I'm worried about is do I tell my better half...he's home any minute from finishing work at one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Congratulations :D xxx

Girls I can't tell him this now, it would totally mess up his work plans. I'm worried too, I might have damaged the baby, I'm in training for a marathon.

Baby's so teeny it won't have even noticed! I know a girl who ran a marathon at 9 weeks and has a nice chubby lil girl now.

You know you have to tell your OH but take a day to get your own head around it if you need to.

I hope not cos I've been hard at it these past few weeks. This is so exciting, I'll never sleep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Just wanted to add to the congrats and wish you and your baby a happy and healthy pregnancy - huge hugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Congratulations. See your GP to put your mind at ease as to the baby's health but I'm sure all will be perfectly ok. Tell your OH and share in your delight together. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

congrats to you! Definately see your GP asap...and start taking the prenatal vitamins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hi OP,
    From what I know of pregnancy test there is no doubt about it that you are pregnant.....
    You can get a negative result from a test if you test too soon and there is not enough of the pregnancy hormone hcg for the test to detect, however if you get a positive result it shows that there is the presence of the hcg hormone and so hey presto, you are pregnant:)
    Basically it means you can get a false negative but not a false positive..

Delighted for you and your OH.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Another savage athlete! Congrats from a fellow fitness freak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations gaeilgegrinds.

Thanks to Mr.Gg being so excited we headed to work together today and I got in on a cancellation, all good, no problems thank God. I'm so excited. I can continue training too although he now wants to come with me so we'll train together.I've a half marathon Oct and another 2 races Dec, after that might take it handy. This is so exciting!

Ah fab!

I kinda knew he'd be delighted, even though I've never met either of you!

I'm over the moon for you both..

:D

He's ok with it, not jumping around just yet but I can see why. He works over a hundred hours a week and will be at that a few more years. So explained he won't be around as much as he'd like. I understand that. It's a tough one though, I mean I've spent years trying not to become pregnant, now that I am I'm delighted but I'd always thought I'd plan it. Sometimes surprises are the best way though, maybe it's the right time for my body!

Advertisement