Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vera Duffy Classic Poker Tournament at the Sporting Emporium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Hope to make it in for the All In craziness later on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Always with the digs :pac: sure you dont wanna bubble another final table Damo :p
    Im sorry that you think it's a dig Danny, its far from it . I attended vera's birthday bash last year and the amount that turned up was a testament to how well vera is known. If i wanted to have a dig at the emporium i would choose a different thread and not one that is celabrating a good friends birthday. As for bubbling final tables, As long as i can get you to keep putting your chips in behind then variance will look after the rest:D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Im sorry that you think it's a dig Danny, its far from it . I attended vera's birthday bash last year and the amount that turned up was a testament to how well vera is known. If i wanted to have a dig at the emporium i would choose a different thread and not one that is celabrating a good friends birthday. As for bubbling final tables, As long as i can get you to keep putting your chips in behind then variance will look after the rest:D:D:P

I dont really think its a dig thats why i added the little smiley, ive been to the last 3/4 and they have always been good nights, shame that you cant make it thou.

K high is normally good againts you there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

happy_birthday_cake.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

I would like to wish Vera a Happy Birthday and I know she is looking forward to tonight.

After last years fiasco i would hope that people will have some respect and only head in if they know Vera well personally. i don't just mean know her to see or played once with her!. It is a birthday party after all and with the generous added money up for grabs it has the unfortunate possibility of greed taking over from respect and morals and ruining Vera's celebrations.

Look forward to seeing you all there and hopefully it will be a great occasion.

• Advertisement

I would like to wish Vera a Happy Birthday and I know she is looking forward to tonight.

After last years fiasco i would hope that people will have some respect and only head in if they know Vera well personally. i don't just mean know her to see or played once with her!. It is a birthday party after all and with the generous added money up for grabs it has the unfortunate possibility of greed taking over from respect and morals and ruining Vera's celebrations.

Look forward to seeing you all there and hopefully it will be a great occasion.
    Well said Rory , Vera deserves to have her friends around her , not vultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭S.Emporium

Just a quick update.......

113 runners.

444 Rebuys/Top-ups.

Total Prize pool : €8,700 (€2,000 added by Kevin Duffy).

1st Prize : €2,000.

More updates to follow as soon as I get a chance.

Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

glad you got a descent turnout, finishes too late for us early risers. plus miss Congienality was on..

Hope it's a good night. Do something mad Alex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Bubble this in 19th place good fun night place was buzzing

Leaving Vera was still as was her son Karl Tom Kitt had lots of chips
    Mick Stephens was still in and Noel Hayes was there too.

First time in the emporium in ages and as Vera said herself the finest card room in dublin but without numbers its no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭S.Emporium

Down to the Final Table.....

Seat 1) Vera "Birthday Girl" Duffy (no surprise after several donations)

Seat 2) Shane

Seat 3) Noel Murphy

Seat 4) Tom Kitt

Seat 5) Nick "Vegas Nights" O'Hara

Seat 6) John Hynes

Seat 7) Kevin M

Seat 8) Dara

Seat 9) Mick Stephens

Total Prize pool : €8,700.

1st : €2,000

2nd : €1,475

3rd : €1,100

4th : €900

5th : €700

6th : €600

7th : €500

8th : €400

9th : €300

10th : €150
    11th - 12th : €100 each
    13th - 15th : €75 each
    16th - 18th : €50 each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Well done a super nite spent a fortune but enjoyed it ! Really do not understand how the Dublin players do not go into heremore often , it's well run and the best poker room facilities in the country ! Alex is also one of the best guys in the country to run a club ! It's always a pleasure to play there even though I never win ! I am not up in dublin much but when I am it's always a pleasure to play there !

Happy birthday vera

Super nite

Neill K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Took it down. At about half 6 we were told to hurry things up. I had 900k of the 1.2 mill so just bought the trophy from your man Sean for a 1er (inexperienced guy who played his socks off).

1800 after tips.

Mickste came 3rd

Absolute great night fair play to Alex and crew and Vera and Kevin of course.

I'm eating me shreddies out of the trophy as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Came 11th in this tonight, first time in the club, and will be back again! Happy birthday Vera! and Well done gettin to the FT, it wouldnt be a a wed night if i didnt get one blind of u 910o rules!:D

EDIT: Well done Tom my 103o was no match for your A8o, Like how can i lose that????? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

A very enjoyable night and as always an excellent tourny in the SE. Very happy brithday Vera and thank you for a great night.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

It's always a pleasure to play there even though I never win !

would you like to tell us where you do win..................;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Well done all. Very enjoyable night - I also finished 11th. In for 120 out for 100. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

Super night. Great to to see the SE buzzing once again.
    Happy Birthday Vera.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

Well done Tom.

Super night, cracking atmosphere.Reminded me why I used to play there so much in the first place. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yeah, it rocked. Hope they can keep some of the crowd that came in for the night that was in it! In for €70, out for €75 (15th) - w00t w00t! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Lads , so what happened apart from the poker? Was there wine at the tables? A sing song?
    Was there any controversy of any sort? Make something up. The rebuy amounts look a bit dodgey for a start.

• Advertisement

kakak1 wrote: »
    would you like to tell us where you do win..................;)
    Well he's 2 for 2 at Laser blast:mad:

What a cracking night :D the place was absolutely buzzing, All In/Ship It/Chips was funny.

I take it by the smile Vera had on her face all night that she enjoyed it, her son was playing on my table nice chap, didnt help that the deck smashed him in the face he couldnt miss, i think he went on to cash so congrats to him.

Well done to all who cashed, Tom Kitt being the man who knocked Vera out, Mick Ste had a stack from the start nearly and he done well to keep it and finish 3rd congrats Mick, well done Tom on the scoop, the shreddies must tast extra special out of your cup :D

I find out and hour or so into the tournie that there is a bounty on my head, please tell me earlier so i dont play like a gimp and throw away chips :o

Well done to all the staff in the SE they looked busy last night and they played a blinder.

Happy Birthday once again Vera cant wait for next year!

Danny :)

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Lads , so what happened apart from the poker? Was there wine at the tables? A sing song?
    Was there any controversy of any sort? Make something up. The rebuy amounts look a bit dodgey for a start.

There was a few glasses of wine floating around, at 12 they brought Vera out her cake and Tom sang Happy Birthday and then the rest joined in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Top night.

Thank you to all concerned.

Table 6 was some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

I find out and hour or so into the tournie that there is a bounty on my head, please tell me earlier so i dont play like a gimp and throw away chips

I would not do this to you Danny. :D:D

How much was the bounty ? Hope it was worthwhile :D:D:D

Top night.

Thank you to all concerned.

Table 6 was some craic.

Totally agree ! :D:D

Found that All in / Ship It with any hand was the best strategy :)
    after my Trips turned over 3 times :mad: by a straight on the RIVER. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

No Pat. That was me.

Your trips were only outstraighted once. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Table 6 was some craic.
    bigbadpat wrote: »

Lol, I think I had one of those straights too. Hope you had enough left for the cash game Pat? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KSAD

Karl Duffy here, thanks everyone for a great turn out and even better atmosphere. I know my mom thinks the world of you all and will be buzzing about this event for some time!

As for myself, in for 10 out for 75. Not bad for a first timer, ill definitely be back!

Cheers.
    Karl :)

KSAD wrote: »
    Karl Duffy here, thanks everyone for a great turn out and even better atmosphere. I know my mom thinks the world of you all and will be buzzing about this event for some time!

As for myself, in for 10 out for 75. Not bad for a first timer, ill definitely be back!

Cheers.
    Karl :)

I was the guy sitting at your table at the start with the baseball cap, not to bad in for €10 hope your gonna get your mam something nice out of it? :)

Now if you can take your mam's poker skill and your dad's gamble from the roulette you can make a pretty good player out of that :p Hope to see you in there again sometime.

• Advertisement

bigbadpat wrote: »
    I would not do this to you Danny. :D:D

How much was the bounty ? Hope it was worthwhile :D:D:D

The person who knocked me out must of been disappointed, they got a card shuffler, Mick Stephens knocked out two people and got €100 and a portable dvd player.

What happened to you Pat in the cash game i came back and you were gone?

Advertisement