Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vera Duffy Classic Poker Tournament at the Sporting Emporium

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KSAD

I was the guy sitting at your table at the start with the baseball cap, not to bad in for €10 hope your gonna get your mam something nice out of it? :)

Now if you can take your mam's poker skill and your dad's gamble from the roulette you can make a pretty good player out of that :p Hope to see you in there again sometime.

Hey Danny. Yeah im on my way into town now to get her a particularly nice bday present! :) catch you next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

The person who knocked me out must of been disappointed, they got a card shuffler, Mick Stephens knocked out two people and got €100 and a portable dvd player.

I knocked a bounty out and got a bounty bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

As many others have said it was an excellent night. Great to see the place buzzing again and the night was run excellently by the SE so well done Alex and the team. Food was very good and free wine was great as Smurph and I can attest to. Apparently the Chef (not the Chief!) had made Vera's birthday cake which was very impressive and poker themed.

Well done Tom, Mick and Vera on the results.

Hope to see more nights like this in there.

WP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jackinbeat

Just had to make a post to say how much fun I had playing this, great to play after being in Ireland to deal all week..

Shame i couldn't go too crazy on the re-buys, but managed to nurse my stack through and made it to about 12.30 before I got moved from the small blind into under the gun plus 1 and shoved with 67s, nearly got through, big blind calls with KQ...

Had a laugh, I was the Englishman chattering away on table 8 with Collette, Kait (sp?), the marathon man (sorry forget name just now). Thanks for making me feel welcome, It was well run and good fun with some good poker (apologies for the KJ off hand Collette, but I needed some luck, after all I was at the disadvantage of having learnt to play poker in England!

So thanks for my introduction to playing poker in Ireland and Happy Birthday to Vera!

Both my visit there and to the very impressive and well run Voodoo card room have made my mind up to play more poker in Ireland.

Advertisement