Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Burgers

Options
  • 08-08-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so sorry if it's here somewhere!

Just wondering if anybody has any yummy recipes for turkey burgers, I have turkey mince and a press full of stuff just wondering what goes well with them?

Never had turkey burgers before.

I am on WeightWatchers so anything with butter/cream and the likes wouldn't be ideal.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Hi Jwaqui,

I have made turkey burgers the odd time and they're a lot blander than beef burgers, so just be aware of that before you begin.

I would mince an onion, 4 cloves of garlic and a small chilli, and beat an egg. Add this to the mince mixture along with lots of salt, black pepper, cayenne, and dried green herbs. This might sound a bit gross but a good squirt of ketchup adds a bit of flavour, and some soy or Worcestershire sauce. Mix it all together until totally combined with your hands, then form it into burgers and whack it on the grill.

Let us know what recipe you use and how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi NP,

Thanks for the reply, I was really looking forward to it and had for lunch today, funny enough I bunged in a few thing I thought would be good and it was similar enough to what you suggested.

I mixed the turkey mince with chopped onions, garlic salt, cajun spice, oregano and small bit of worcestershire sauce.

It was nice and only 4points for the burger but like you said a bit bland, definately not very juicy. There are small beef burgers my mam buys and they are 4points and tastier.

I'm a bit dissapointed, any tips on how to make them a bit juicier and less bland??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've never really had a problem with dry turkey burgers, the mince itself is quite gooey so it should be moist enough. Maybe you're cooking them too long? You can try a 'kebab' style - ground cumin, fresh coriander, onion, parsley and garlic. Season it and add chilli too. You can roll them into sausages and put onto skewers. Nice with some home made tzaziki (make with 0% yoghurt) and shredded cabbage, tomato all in a pitta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Try mixing turkey mince with chopped spring onion, garlic, cumin and toasted sweetcorn. Grill a corn on the cob until toasty then cut the kernals off with a sharp knife. Add chopped parsley and some breadcrumbs and 1 egg.

Either make into patties and grill, or roll into balls and shallow fry - finish in a hot oven for 10 minutes.

Advertisement