Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crashing

• 08-08-2009 7:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

my wow install has started crashing in darl and now in hol

i dono why i removed every addon , downloaded new graphics drivers ran that stupid repair utility but nothing works

before i do a complete reinstall anyone know why im not crashing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Are you getting any error messages?

Sometimes mine crashes and i get an error message (some kind of memory problem) then it sends a report to blizzard.

I still havent found out what causes it.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

im getting a similar problem too, every now and again in dalaran wow crashes, have done the same as you and no resolve. No error messages at all. and it started as soon as the patch was downloaded :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Anti wrote: »
    im getting a similar problem too, every now and again in dalaran wow crashes, have done the same as you and no resolve. No error messages at all. and it started as soon as the patch was downloaded :(

same as this freezes no messages. i tried going back to the city last night and it seemed to work. however that new bg crashed on me a few times now . that new instance crashed. and i had another crash in nax.

naxx also bugged at the boss where the alive and dead sides are and mobs from outside the boss came through the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Have you tried renaming wtf cache and interface folders, after the patch I kept crashing couldnt login for longer than 2 seconds, deleting the folders fixed for me.

elexes wrote: »
    same as this freezes no messages. i tried going back to the city last night and it seemed to work. however that new bg crashed on me a few times now . that new instance crashed. and i had another crash in nax.

naxx also bugged at the boss where the alive and dead sides are and mobs from outside the boss came through the wall

Haha yeah just did a naxx10 badge farm run this afternoon and had the same thing happen. Also getting this wierd stuttering too, game just pauses every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Any chance you guys are running ATI cards on Win7 with the latest Drivers?

Couple of guys in my guild are crashing a lot since updating to the latest drivers.

Nah vista x64 ultimate with a nvidia 8800GTS. Just did a fresh install there and its exactally the same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

RL mate of mine had the same problem. He actually updated his graphics card drivers and it was sorted then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Anti wrote: »
    Nah vista x64 ultimate with a nvidia 8800GTS. Just did a fresh install there and its exactally the same :(

I have the same setup... or had. I found that it crashed from time to time... very rarely. Not always in the same spot. It normally happens when you need to load something, like a huge increase in graphics, in dalaran there are things that need to be downloaded all the time... it's really tough on your PC. Same kind of result when you turn everything on ultra and go to a 25 man raid with 15 AOE casters...

Blizz update the graphics every so often and don't think it is neccisary to tell people about it. I think if you turn everything down to low it might help. Then start increasing your graphic settings. Shadows and the likes are not essential and really slow down your frame rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

shockwave wrote: »
    Are you getting any error messages?

Sometimes mine crashes and i get an error message (some kind of memory problem) then it sends a report to blizzard.

I still havent found out what causes it.:mad:

Used to happen me if I'd fly into Shattrath and walk into the main chamber place. I'd always crash just before entering the room, and the error, like yours, always said something bout memory. And that a graphic failed to load or something like orc/female/weapon/failed something weird like that.

For me just waiting a minute or two to let it all load up would stop any problems.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the long post, but this might help a little? Taken from here.

4. Technical Issues in 3.2.0

1. Your game may shut down after launching with no message:

This also produces an error message in the Errors folder.

Which will look like this:

Q u o t e:
    This application has encountered a critical error:

Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:5A928D34

The instruction at "0x5A928D34" referenced memory at "0x5A928D34".
    The memory could not be "written".

And contain this line:

Q u o t e:
    --- Thread ID: 1320 [Current Thread] ---
    5A928D34 0019E73C 0001:00027D34 C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloHL.dll

This is caused by some software from iolo such as system mechanic.

We have seen it resolved sometimes by following these steps.
    Right-click Wow.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab go to Input Settings and select "Turn off advanced text services for this program."

Then try the game again.

If not you will likely have to uninstall the iolo product.

2. This message may appear when you run the game:

Q u o t e:
    This application has encountered a critical error:

Program: D:\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    File: DBFilesClient\BattlemasterList.dbc

DBFile errors are usually from old or mismatched game files and will happen after running a backup program, or System Restore. Please delete the World of Warcraft folder and reinstall the game. You can also try reverting the game if you want but future patches may run into errors. To revert the game follow these steps:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=19671#revert

Keep in mind that if you have the Wrath of the Lich King DVD, that can be used to reinstall the entire game from scratch.

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, and your game is installed in the Program Files folder, you may have an old game file somewhere in your VirtualStore folder. Go to the World of Warcraft folder and see if you have a Compatibility Files button on your Windows Explorer window. If you do, check inside and see if you have older stuff there.

i had removed the wtf folder . but i see a common problom ive a 8800 gts also. i have a 8800 gt and a 280gt here so ill just switch around some cards and see how it goes.

maby it is just a single hardware problom . if so easily solved

Cheers for the help guys, like elexes im starting to think the issue is with the 8800gts too, in any other game its fine, but wow performance has gone to ****. I even turned all details down to the lowest and the problem is still the same. I've updated the drivers for all the hardware in the pc and no luck. I might see if rolling back to an older driver will sort the problrm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i logged in yesterday for first time..no problems, had updated all my mods.

went to dal everything grand, wg was starting so joined queue. soon as i ported..bang..crashed for about 40 mins. no error jus total freeze.

went and updated grafix drivers, now i cant do anything, game is waaay too laggy even when i have 180 fps.

pissed off big time

Anti, I have the exact same card as you, I don't have this problem at all. I updated my drivers for this card about 3-4 weeks ago when I formatted my PC. Is it possible to try a differant OS? Like XP?

My computer does freeze from time to time. But it's never a big problem, I just do a hard shutdown and restart the PC. It happens so little that it doesn't really bother me.

I normally see people getting disconnected or wow crashes when there is a lot going on. Starting thorim seems to get 2-3 people disconnected most times, there is at least one person disconnecting every time on that fight.

Might be silly, but take a note of what you were doing every time it crashes. Entering an instance, jumping, entering an area, casting a spell... It might not be obvious, but could contribute to the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I was getting some crazy grapic glitch going on since last patch. Updated drivers and that did not help. I guessed and turned down the shadow detail to low and its fine now.

As for crashes, the game does it from time to time. Just tells me that WoW is not responding and i need to close it down.

I would try another Os like xp but i really cant eb bother going through it all again, i did the same turning down some details like shadows and things seem to be going alot better now. Godo idea on keeping a note of when it freezes/crashes though, will certainly be giving that a try :)

i use xp . i have ordered a new case and psu so i can move my 280 into the wow machine. might install win 7 if i can .

sunday i crashed in org

so i decided its time to switch to my 280 graphics card and move my motherboard into the new case with psu.

when i got back into wow it froze again. i couldnt think of any other reason for it to freeze.

so i loged onto another pc i had that always ran without a bother moved my charactor out of org and went back to my main . low and behold everything is fine.

2 days later when the gm finally responded to my ticket i was told that this can happen when you get suddenly disconnected. now i dont believe this for a second and it sounds like complete waffel but i thanked her for the responce and sent him on his way. i wasnt asked to fill out a survay probably because of the dismall score ive been giving them lately.

o well back to the drawing board. going to reinstall a new os the next time see if that solves it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

same issue for me in dalaran, been pretty frequent since the patch. graphics cards updated etc. tried all the addons, had to get a guildy to log me on, move me out of dalaran and log off so i could log back on. theres loads of posts on the official wow forums about it :( its annoying me i cant stay in dalaran as im 2 cooking tokens away from the hat :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement