Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing baby weight/stretch marks?

Options
  • 08-08-2009 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭

im just wondering if any parents can help me with this?

i had a baby 5 weeks ago, now i was huge on her but almost as soon as she came out i dropped right down to a size 12ish which i was really impressed with (pre pregnancy i would usually be a size 8 - 10 but i did verge on the heavier size 10 when i got my mon - fri desk job last year) now i can fit in a size 10 but i still have a lot of loose skin around my waist, ad im wondering do i need to shift it or will it tighten up again?id never diet cause i dont believe personally in that kind of stuff but excercise would be an option if i needed to. i am walking everywhere at the mo, im just wondering am i expecting too much too soon? what did you do to lose the flabby skin?

also do the stretch marks fade by themselves or do you need to use oils/potions?

ive seen plenty of sites with during pregnancy advice but nothing post...and im wondering what were others experiances after having a baby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. It will go back if if you are eating normally and walking. A general rule is 9 months up, 9 months down. IMO it can take up to a year for your body to settle down after all the hormonal changes, BUT IT WILL. Don't even think about it yet, 5 weeks ago is very recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I do think you are expecting too much too soon. With my twins, I was back to pre-pregnancy weight by my 6 week appointment (mostly due to breastfeeding!), but I still looked about 4 months pregnant! That really didn't shift until I started taking long walks when they were about 4 months old, that helped tone me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Between the no sleep and no time to eat, believe me you will burn it in no time.

I dont know about the stretchmarks, I know people recommend bio oil for those.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Didnt get stretchmarks tg, but have heard too, about bio oil.

The belly does recede but you are expecting it to happen a bit quick. Me and some friends used to laugh about our jelly belly months afterward. Mine is fine now a few years on, but in spite of all kinds of training it will never be as taut as it was before pregnancy. Speaking of training, ab exercises do help to tone you, but dont bother going mad with them any time soon. They wont spot reduce any fat you may be carrying around your belly, they just give definition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Congrats!

The lack of time to eat and runnin around got me back to my size.. actually dropped a Jean size.

I only got stretch marks round my belly button (cause of my piercing), It was really red and itchy for the first couple of weeks. I kept using the bio oil for bout 6 weeks and now barely noticeable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement