Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Y&T

Options
  • 08-08-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

like I posted in the Gigs section, they're in the Village Sun 4th Oct.......

always loved this band, think Meniketti has one of the best Rock voices ever and such a solid band through the years........this should be a class gig......
    can't wait to hear Mean Streak live.....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh nice one. Was always a fan of them back in the 80s. Saw them support AC/DC in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Was at that gig too, adox, so technically they were the first band I saw live! :) Must head along to this, Earthshaker is a stone cold classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

blastman wrote: »
    Was at that gig too, adox, so technically they were the first band I saw live! :) Must head along to this, Earthshaker is a stone cold classic.

It was a great gig. Unfortunately it wasnt my first,which makes me feel very old!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

did Y&T not break up last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Fantastic news, Y&T still going strong.
    Alway been one of my favourite bands since seeing them with AC/DC.
    Got their live DVD/CD last year and its great stuff.
    Looking forward to hearing all the classics.

• Advertisement

Bugger, I've just realised this is the same night as Marillion in Brighton, so that's me out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Bugger, I've just realised this is the same night as Marillion in Brighton, so that's me out :(

damn, that's a pity.......never checked the Marillion dates in the UK - happy with the date here....are Y&T anywhere in the UK the night after here - maybe you can stay an extra day :-)
    can't remember if the Belfast date is the night before or after Dublin....

Niall06 - that's a truely class DVD.....:D

NIBBS, that date is actually the fan club only gig, so it should be good (think it was limited to 200 tickets). I booked it before the Dublin gig was announced, thinking they wouldn't be coming to Ireland. Ah well, you can't have everything! :)

NIBBS, that date is actually the fan club only gig, so it should be good (think it was limited to 200 tickets). I booked it before the Dublin gig was announced, thinking they wouldn't be coming to Ireland. Ah well, you can't have everything! :)

you'll be having a good night either way so..... :D
    this has turned into a great year for gigs......

Anybody have any idea who many The Village can hold.
    Hope they get a decent crowd.

• Advertisement

Niall06 wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea who many The Village can hold.
    Hope they get a decent crowd.

hey Niall - Village is 650 from what I've been told recently......I did always think it was closer to 800, but they've moved things around in there so many times over the years that maybe it's a little less now........would be fantastic to be up on the Balcony for this actually......

The supports for here are :-

Dublin - Glyder

Belfast - Stormzone

should be good....

Don't forget the gig 2moro at the Village, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

Y&T playing Dublin and Belfast

Sept. 27: Belfast Spring & Airbrake
    Sept. 28: Dublin Village

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Y&T playing Dublin and Belfast

Sept. 27: Belfast Spring & Airbrake
    Sept. 28: Dublin Village

oh yeah :-)

have my ticket already, really looking forward to the show, had tickets for Dublin and Southampton last year and a combination of illness and work made me miss both shows......not this time......

liking the new album too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

EDIT: Don't know how I ended up here, I thought it was from the front page, never mind and sorry for the zombie bump.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

yip ... tickets for Dublin gig already purchased - if it's anything like last year it'll be rockin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Y & T threads merged.

Advertisement