Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LAPTOP : Dual Core T3000 1.8GHz, 4GB RA 250GB HDD, 15.4" WebCam, NO operating system

• 08-08-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

as above , just need to add an operating system and you have a decent laptop for a very decent price.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167514

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

£299.96 inc vat ex shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

FYI Dual Core T3000 is a celeron chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

FYI Dual Core T3000 is a celeron chip.

I'll say thanks but no thanks to a Celeron. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

For the money and what it might be used for, who cares.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

For the money and what it might be used for, who cares.

MC

i was thinking the same , just because they need a top spec pc does not mean everybody else does , this machine will surf the net just as quickly as a €1000 laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cobrastarship

not a very good laptop last year got my one from dell for 600 euro with 2.2GHz dual core and 4GB of ram with 320GB HDD so just ring up dell and you can get one cheaper then this

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Works out about €370 including delivery.

Similar spec Dell including Vista Home Premium + Windows 7 upgrade €429:

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&kc=NRS15452&l=en&m_30=136643&oc=N0054502&rbc=N0054502&s=dhs

In case people need an OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

daftdave wrote: »
    i was thinking the same , just because they need a top spec pc does not mean everybody else does , this machine will surf the net just as quickly as a €1000 laptop.

It's not about needing a top-spec computer, it's about getting good value for money. Celeron processors are notorious for being a low-end, undesirable component and the cpu is one item that should never be under-valued.

Looking at the specs, the other components are great for a laptop of that size, e.g. 4 GB ram, 250 GB hard drive, 6 cell battery etc, but the cpu is where it is let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Ah, you'd be better off going with that €430 Dell Inspiron. Free shipping and the OS can be upgraded to Win7 for free when it's released.

That SiS M672 integrated graphics is pure useless also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cobrastarship

ya integrated graphics dont get me going on that

• Advertisement
Advertisement