Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying v vnmt guitar????

Options
  • 08-08-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

folks,just wondering has anyone got a dave mustaine signature vnmt flying v guitar,considering wether to buy one or not all the reviews i have read make this out to be one of the best guitars available on todays market but i wanna hear that coming from some one besides a retailer,basically i want to know for 1400 euro is it worth it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Is that the dean one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

Is that the dean one?

yeah dude thats the dean one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yeah dude thats the dean one.
    If its like any other deans these days i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

Patricide wrote: »
    If its like any other deans these days i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole....

any particular reason why??
    one of my mates has the dean dimebag sig,must say man it was very playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

any particular reason why??
    one of my mates has the dean dimebag sig,must say man it was very playable.
    Well I played one years ago(before dime died) and im not sure if it was because it was an isolated good guitar or if it was because i didnt know as much about guitars but it was nice. However ive played several more recent deans(couple o razorbacks, cadillacs, and a z bass(explorer shape) ) and every single ones build quality was rubbish.

They felt fragile in my hands, nearly all of them had dodgey pots, one of them you could actually see the glue on the neck from where it was set and the paint jobs were cheap looking also. Also the sound off them wasn't great when you considered what woods/pups were in them and i also really didnt like the feel of any of them although thats just me. I thought the necks on the razorbacks in particular were like tree trunks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement