Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help unlocking my Nokias?

• 08-08-2009 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody, Ive been searchin the internet all morning and I cant find a way of unlocking my two phones locked to Meteor. The sister broke her phone and her sim (Vodafone) wont work in any of the two phones *Access Restricted*.

Tried a few of those unlocking websites but they seem to be for older phones.

They are Nokia 5300 IMEI: <snip>

and........Nokia 5070 IMEI: <snip>

Thanks lads, I know someone will be able to help me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Please don't be so silly as to post up personally identifiable information on the internet.

Have a read of the stickies for unlocking information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ok. I did read through the stickies and both those phones fall under a category that can't be unlocked through those free websites, but I have seen on other forums that they can be unlocked as some people have programs to unlock them.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

There is a place just off O'Connell street that unlocks http://www.gsmsolutionsltd.com/home/index.html . Dont use the ones on Moore street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

redout wrote: »
    There is a place just off O'Connell street that unlocks http://www.gsmsolutionsltd.com/home/index.html .

I wouldn't go near this guy , based on my horrid experience with them and from subsequently reading countless other nasty encounters involving this place.

I'd suggest ringing a couple of places as the amount charged may vary a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

There is a place just off O'Connell street that unlocks http://www.gsmsolutionsltd.com/home/index.html . Dont use the ones on Moore street.

Can I ask why?

(Need a Samsung unlocked to use in Spain, and was intending a saunter up Moore St. to get quotes tomorrow...)

• Advertisement

Can I ask why?

(Need a Samsung unlocked to use in Spain, and was intending a saunter up Moore St. to get quotes tomorrow...)

Personal experience. I went to the one there as they had it advertised on the window. Stuff in the shop looked like it was off the back of a truck not to mention the half a dozen ropey lookin black gangsta wannabes for a shop the size of my living room. I walked straight out when they told me to leave the phone and call back in an hour with no receipt or nothing. Its up to you but I wouldnt rate the chances of getting your phone back.

Just to comment on your trip to Spain. They no longer sell simcards to persons without ID and proof of address although if a tourist I suppose you could get away with it but remember to bring your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Just to comment on your trip to Spain. They no longer sell simcards to persons without ID and proof of address although if a tourist I suppose you could get away with it but remember to bring your passport.

Have someone over there, but ta for that anyway.

Advertisement