Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy they won't pay??

Options
  • 08-08-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Was told I was being made redundant yestersday. I have been working with the company for 4 years and got a 15% pay cut in April. Then in July we were put on a 3 day week. Now I am being told that my position is being made redundant because I am one of the higher paid staff . We had no meeting to come to other arrangements and one person is being kept on because she was willing to travel (about 100 miles+ a day from my position) I couldn't agreed to travel this far as it would be unreasonable. The person who is travelling will no longer be travelling as she will have to cover our jobs. Can they employ someone who is only with the company since Sept over me because she is on less wages and was willing to travel when asked.
    Now the company say they can't afford to pay our redundancy and we have to go to the state to pay us. Is this right if the company is staying open? And do I have to get two full 5 day weeks notice or can they have me down for two 3 day weeks for the next 2 weeks as my notice?

Any info would be very helpful....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Sorry for the late reply. And I don't have the answer to your query.

Go to your local citizen advice centre, you will get all the advice there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

It's the department of enterprise tade and employment you need to go to. Statutory redundancy is 2 weeks pay for each year of service capped at 600 pw.

Advertisement