Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing IE8 from Vista

Options
  • 08-08-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have noticed that evern since IE8 came down onto my p.c. the disk activity has gone through the roof and the machine is running slower. I looked around and found that alot of other users found the same thing. So I attempted to uninstall through control panel, updates and it seem to go through the motions .. BUT IE8 is still installed. Its not listed in Add/Remove programs anymore or Intalled updates and I just want rid! Does anyone know of a util that will remove it as I am a convert to Firefox now after about a decade of using IE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

mrfreddred wrote: »
    I have noticed that evern since IE8 came down onto my p.c. the disk activity has gone through the roof and the machine is running slower. I looked around and found that alot of other users found the same thing. So I attempted to uninstall through control panel, updates and it seem to go through the motions .. BUT IE8 is still installed. Its not listed in Add/Remove programs anymore or Intalled updates and I just want rid! Does anyone know of a util that will remove it as I am a convert to Firefox now after about a decade of using IE.
    Just use Firefox as the default and don't use IE. Microsoft always make it difficult to remove IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Advertisement