Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual cramps in abdomen

• 08-08-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    I just started trying for a baby and am approx 1 week post ovulation and I am getting cramps in my abdomen and slight swelling.... I have not had any bleeding so i'm not sure if I have implanted and it is too early to do a pregnancy test. Has anyone else experienced similar cramps while trying to concieve? I usually have a regular 28 day cycle and this certainly feels different. Any advise greatly appreciated. :)
    MusRo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I know that when you are ttc you become hyper sensitive to your body - however from experience I would suggest that you only test if you are a day late, it is very draining otherwise (easier said than done, I am about 3 days ahead of you!). I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I am experiencing this at the moment but I think it's the onset of my period tbh :(
    They say you can experience cramping during implantation and that it can be very similar to period pain. It could just be period pain so as CM says don't test til the day your period id due.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

Thanks Cathy and Detectiv :). I am planning to wait until my next period due date (approx 1 week from now) to do the test but I am already wondering how women cope with the waiting each month. I have read some of the posts by women ttc and my heart goes out to anyone who has had to endure many months or years of trying without being successful. This is my first month and i'm so impatient for next week to arrive! Thankfully the cramps have stopped after two days. I was concerned as I thought I may be allergic to my husbands semen and that may have been what caused the discomfort as the cramps were very different from my usual pre-period cramps and I was quite swollen... Oh well. Here's hoping that next week will be a positive result :). Cathy, you are correct when you mentioned becoming hyper sensitive to your body. I guess this happens as we have no idea what to expect, having never been pregnant before. I am going to relax and try to take my mind off it fr the next week. There is no point in getting too excited for the first try as it may take many months. Cathy, best of luck to you too. I will reply to this post to let you all know how I get on. Thanks again. Musro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

MusRo wrote: »
    Thanks Cathy and Detectiv :). I am planning to wait until my next period due date (approx 1 week from now) to do the test but I am already wondering how women cope with the waiting each month. I have read some of the posts by women ttc and my heart goes out to anyone who has had to endure many months or years of trying without being successful. This is my first month and i'm so impatient for next week to arrive! Thankfully the cramps have stopped after two days. I was concerned as I thought I may be allergic to my husbands semen and that may have been what caused the discomfort as the cramps were very different from my usual pre-period cramps and I was quite swollen... Oh well. Here's hoping that next week will be a positive result :). Cathy, you are correct when you mentioned becoming hyper sensitive to your body. I guess this happens as we have no idea what to expect, having never been pregnant before. I am going to relax and try to take my mind off it fr the next week. There is no point in getting too excited for the first try as it may take many months. Cathy, best of luck to you too. I will reply to this post to let you all know how I get on. Thanks again. Musro

Musro,

I'll be very interested to know how you get on. I'm on my first proper month of ttc also, but a bit behind you. Think ive ovulated, but just waiting for a few more days of taking temp, so I'm sure. Wishing you the best of luck! The waiting is so frustrating, but like you I'm trying not to get too excited either! All the best!

Hi ladies,
    Latest update. Last night I had a very restless night's sleep as I had a bit of a temperature. I woke this morning with cramps somewhat similar to period cramps but a lot less uncomfortable. Then I found slight blood spotting when I went to the bathroom.... So hopefully this is implantation spotting... I will just have to wait and see. Period due next Thursday but I have bought one of those early pregnancy digital testers and there are two in the pack so I may try one on Sunday (the earliest I can test) as I am soooooooo impatient ;-). I realize that this may give me a positive but I could still miscarry. Anyway, will keep you all posted. Fingers crossed for my test on Sunday. Best of luck everyone.
    MusRo

• Advertisement

Woke this morning at 5.42am dying for a wee so decided to do the test as it requires the first urine of the day (I did not set the alarm I swear!). I used one of those digital tests and it gave me a "pregnant 1-2" reading :). Now I realize this is an early test so my hubby and I are not getting too over excited as it is very early days. I will re-do a test on Thursday when my period is due and hopefully I will get the same result. Best of luck everyone and keep the fingers crossed that my embryo remains implanted :)

Woke this morning at 5.42am dying for a wee so decided to do the test as it requires the first urine of the day (I did not set the alarm I swear!). I used one of those digital tests and it gave me a "pregnant 1-2" reading :). Now I realize this is an early test so my hubby and I are not getting too over excited as it is very early days. I will re-do a test on Thursday when my period is due and hopefully I will get the same result. Best of luck everyone and keep the fingers crossed that my embryo remains implanted :)

Musro,

Do hope the early test is correct and that you get another positive on thurs. I'm sure it's hard not to get too excited and having to wait til thurs to test again. Fingers crossed for you! I ovulated last week and have the usual sore boobs, bit of cramping, etc now. But not reading too much into it as I had same symtoms last month before period was due.

Best of luck musro and everyone else!

Confirmed this morning :) Yay!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Great:D

Confirmed this morning :) Yay!!!!!!

Musro,
    That's fab news, delighted for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congrats Musro and Cathy!

When will you both be due? :D

Hi Crazy Cat,
    Thanks :). I'm still waiting for it all to sink in! I think I am due on 29th April (according to those online calculator things) as I still haven't managed to get a GP appointment! I live in the UK at the moment and I have to wait until next Wednesday for an appointment!! Disgraceful... but don't get me started.. Hugs to all and best of luck to everyone :)

Advertisement