Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut glass for a fish tank

Options
  • 08-08-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Folks does anyone know where I'd be able to get a bit of glass cut in Dublin without getting robbed?

I've to cut 2 bits that are around 6 inches by 36 inches (approx). I' not picky about the type of glass, it can be scratched etc as its going in the bottom of a (leaky) aquarium....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Folks does anyone know where I'd be able to get a bit of glass cut in Dublin without getting robbed?

I've to cut 2 bits that are around 6 inches by 36 inches (approx). I' not picky about the type of glass, it can be scratched etc as its going in the bottom of a (leaky) aquarium....

Yes international glass in finglas. Make sure the silicone you use is aquarium safe. You prob know this but just in case.

You know i would not be surprised if you could buy a glass shelf that size in b&q or homebase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Yes international glass in finglas. Make sure the silicone you use is aquarium safe. You prob know this but just in case.

You know i would not be surprised if you could buy a glass shelf that size in b&q or homebase.

That's a great idea, I never thought of that, I'll take a spin out there tomorrow and have a look. Failing that I'll head to Finglas next week.

Oh, silicone is sorted too btw, you just need to make sure it has no fungicides in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Great ideas here. Thanks.

Advertisement