Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship kick-off

• 08-08-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

The latest scores:

Cardiff 2-0 Scunthorpe

Palace 0-1 Plymouth :D

Derby 1-0 Peterborough :(

Leicester 0-1 Swansea :D

Preston 0-0 Bristol City

QPR 0-0 Blackpool

Reading 0-0 Nottm Forest (come on lads!!!)

Sheff Wed 1-0 Barnsley

Watford 1-0 Doncaster

West Brom 17:30 Newcastle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Couldn't help but have a little giggle at the BBC video-printer when the Norwich-Colchester final score came. Norwich 1-7 Colchester. And they put SEVEN in brackets after it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Use spoiler tags, people may not want to see the results.

Cant use spoiler tags from my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

grenache wrote: »
    Couldn't help but have a little giggle at the BBC video-printer when the Norwich-Colchester final score came. Norwich 1-7 Colchester. And they put SEVEN in brackets after it :D

We're in League One so you shouldn't mention anything about that score on this :P GUNN OUT, DELIA OUT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

grenache wrote: »
    Cant use spoiler tags from my phone.
    yes you can.

But anyway, don't think spoilers are needed tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

eirebhoy wrote: »
    yes you can.

But anyway, don't think spoilers are needed tbh.

i always think of these threads as like Soccer Saturday or Final score, if you dont wanna know the scores then why come into this thread as it essentially looks like Skys vidiprinter* at the end of the day.

*Is that a made up word from Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was wondering where the Wolves game was, then I remembered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

West Brom 1-1 Newcastle United

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

creggy wrote: »
    Use spoiler tags, people may not want to see the results.

Why would someone come into a thread called Championship kick-off if they don't want to know the scores?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Why would someone come into a thread called Championship kick-off if they don't want to know the scores?

Honestly I didn't know it was about scores. I just thought it was a general discussion of the Championship.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Honestly I didn't know it was about scores. I just thought it was a general discussion of the Championship.
    Not much to discuss. Forest and Boro are going to walk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Just watching Keane's Ipswitch v Coventry here, and Clinton Morrison has scored two good goals in the first 25mins, really impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tbf Coventry have been excellent and are good value for their lead, two cracking finishes from Morrisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zAbbo wrote: »
    Just watching Keane's Ipswitch v Coventry here, and Clinton Morrison has scored two good goals in the first 25mins, really impressed with him.

was coming to post the same - two fantastic goals from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Everone seems to have jumped on the Keane/Ipswich wagon already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

One back for Ipswich, entertaining game.

Nice finish there from Walters, let the ball do the work - no need to touch it and just fired it in.

Good game this, always enjoy Championship games - squads are thrown together and there are a lot of teams around the same level.

Great match here. This will probably be more entertaining than the match to follow.

Controversial. :rolleyes:

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Everone seems to have jumped on the Keane/Ipswich wagon already.
    That makes no sense, I'd say anyone who's watching this has more to do with no other game on and the shield game is on afterwards.

That makes no sense, I'd say anyone who's watching this has more to do with no other game on and the shield game is on afterwards.
    I've been asked time and time again will we have Roy Keane and Ipswich Town pieces on the site.

And when Sky are televising it - you know somethings up ;)

(Sunderland vs Wolves, Keane vs McCarthy for eg.)

• Advertisement

And those who support a team in the Championship may want to have an early look at what competition we face.

"time and time again" - you've been listening to pundits too much!

Why wouldn't you want to cover Irish interest pieces?

Sky are showing it because they're two of the bigger clubs and will probably try and show as much of West Brom, Newcastle, Reading, Middlesbrough as they can this year, if they can't they'll just choose the next high interest fixture - which is this one.

Sky are showing it because they're two of the bigger clubs and will probably try and show as much of West Brom, Newcastle, Reading, Middlesbrough as they can this year, if they can't they'll just choose the next high interest fixture - which is this one.

If Keane wasn't at Ipswich I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be airing this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

how is morrison not in the ireland squad! scoring goals like that:p

I'm not sure if it's the case for the Championship but when Sky show their Premier League matches I think they have an obligation to show each team at least twice during the season.

If it's the same in the Championship then why not show it? Besides the fixtures where made out this way and Sky show a lot of Championship matches of a Sunday during the season. It's just a coincidence that one of the teams happened to be Ipswich.

If Keane wasn't at Ipswich I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be airing this game.

That is a moot point. You don't know that for a fact tbf.

Of course I don't - but good point, Sky are obliged to air as many different clubs as possible - so it could be just coincidence Ipswich's first game came up.

Of course I don't - but good point, Sky are obliged to air as many different clubs as possible - so it could be just coincidence Ipswich's first game came up.

There should be no preferences really with regards coverage until the end of the season when Sky will pick the matches which are definitely worth showing.

And it's definitely just a coincidence. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Generally with opening fixtures of the league Sky, in the Premier League will generally show teams who have just come up and in the Championship they'll generally show teams which have just been relegated.

Just the way it happens usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Dont be ridiculous, they showed Ipswich plenty last season when KEANE wasn't manager. Ignorance on your part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement