Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York stop over advice

• 08-08-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

Im flying back from Lima to Dublin on the 24th with a stop over in JFK. I arrive at 8:30 in the morning in JFK and fly out at 17:45 giving me 9 hours 15 minutes. Ive never been to New York or the states and would love to get into the city to have a look around. I want to find out if this is possible with that ammount of time. I know I wont be able to see much but would be happy with a walk around Manhattan and maybe lunch.

Looking for someone in the know to advise me on this and possibly come up with a small itinerary.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Noone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You might want to try the big New York Megathread over on the main Travel/Holidays forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

Just get a cab from JFK and head for Times square, personally I wouldn't even bother messing about with buses or trains as realistically you only have about 5 hours, from Times square you are within reach of Central Park and the Empire State however you won't have time to go up it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

the cabs outside jkf have a set fair to anywhere in the city, confirm this with the driver before you set off, its written on some of them on the outside.

dont get burned like i did, the NY cabbies are well able to **** and blind and rip you off if your not on the ball

id suggest going up the rockerfeller and perhaps have a look on fifth ave, esp the apple store

theres some nice seats by some water features across the road where you can chill out and people watch, central park is right there aswell

Advertisement