Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand at Christmas

• 08-08-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I am going to thailand for christmas and wanted some advice on how to spend it.... arrive into BK on the 19th, thinking of going straight to koh chang - been there before and its amazing. stay there till around 26th, then go back to bangkok, spend 2 nights there, then fly to krabi..... this is where i want advice. i have approx 9 days till i have to get back to bangkok. was considering spending 3 days on krabi (taking in day trip to phi phi), then 3 days on koh lanta and then 3 days on koh lipe.

anyone any advice on koh lanta?? ive heard long beach is the place to stay but names of places would be great - dont want to be too far away from the action, and would like a western shower.

has anyone done this before - krabi, koh lanta, koh lipe, and is 9 days just too short to get it all in? i could prob stretch it to 10 days at max.

also, any names of places to stay in krabi - in/around ao nang would be great. not looking to break the bank, should be able to stay on lanta and lipe for around 10 p/night and hopefully krabi for around 15 p/night.

Thanks, any advice welcome - havent booked any internals yet so open to suggestions.

Angelica.

ps. been to phangan before, not pushed about that side at all and will do diving on lanta - so planning on skipping that side altogether!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hi,

I am going to thailand for christmas and wanted some advice on how to spend it.... arrive into BK on the 19th, thinking of going straight to koh chang - been there before and its amazing. stay there till around 26th, then go back to bangkok, spend 2 nights there, then fly to krabi..... this is where i want advice. i have approx 9 days till i have to get back to bangkok. was considering spending 3 days on krabi (taking in day trip to phi phi), then 3 days on koh lanta and then 3 days on koh lipe.

anyone any advice on koh lanta?? ive heard long beach is the place to stay but names of places would be great - dont want to be too far away from the action, and would like a western shower.

has anyone done this before - krabi, koh lanta, koh lipe, and is 9 days just too short to get it all in? i could prob stretch it to 10 days at max.

also, any names of places to stay in krabi - in/around ao nang would be great. not looking to break the bank, should be able to stay on lanta and lipe for around 10 p/night and hopefully krabi for around 15 p/night.

Thanks, any advice welcome - havent booked any internals yet so open to suggestions.

Angelica.

ps. been to phangan before, not pushed about that side at all and will do diving on lanta - so planning on skipping that side altogether!

The southwest corner (kantiang bay) is where we stayed. It was our summer time so it was off-peak. You'll be going in the height of the peak. Prices are somewhat dearer then.

Where we were was lovely. Family owned resort but the rooms were more hotel-like as opposed to bungalows. The food was yum and the bar there is called the Why Not bar. It's owned by 2 Buddhist lads unlike the resort itself which is owned by the family who are Muslim. The bar is really nice and chilled out. Great place to meet other couples, travellers and if you're into smoking, you can do it there.

The beach is nice and is more a bay than the long open beach further up the coast. And would therefore be quieter.

Koh Lanta is quiet. Not as partyish as other islands in Thailand. But nice and relaxing. Yes, relaxing is the word I'd put on it.

check the wiki for more info:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Koh_Lanta

Advertisement