Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden floor scratches

Options
  • 08-08-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

hi out there , my mother in_law has a wood,n floor in part of her kitchen, and guess what? there,s a few scrath,s on it , is there such thing as a special marker to put on them. if so where would i get it? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

you can get wood crayons, from b&q or woodies, they come in different brown shades, but too hold it in on a floor you would need to put some varnish on it. if its solid wood... if its laminate, only thing to do is replace the whole plank. hope this helps..

oh ps.. budget/reccession way
    coffee.. mix up some coffee, in a little water, and keep comparing it to the shade, lighten with more water... leave to soak it the wood
    then varnish over works just as well as the expensive (€10ish) crayons

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

thank you ever so for the emfo'ukgalway'. ive just told her bout your idea of coffee and she said she,l try it tomorrow.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

That's a great idea. I'll try it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Bees wax

Advertisement