Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres nice for Dinner??

Options
  • 08-08-2009 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Am looking for somewhere nice to take the fam for dinner after my graduation in a few weeks time. Will be an evening meal - any suggestions would be great....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

What type of cuisine? What part of Dublin?

Check menupages.ie for some ideas, but at this stage your question has too many answers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

Gary Rodes (D7) is lovely but i heard a rumor thats its closed down so you'll have to check that one out...chapter one is lovely but it is expensive so check out their website for the menu before you decide to book.

the westin, down stairs in the mint bar is really nice as well, normal prices (well the last time i was there is was) lovely food, friendly staff, and a grat atmosphere esp with kids (we always go for christmas eve dinner wit 30 adults and kids and their great) just make sure its the mint bar you book and not the restuarant!!! but i really think that is a good choice thats not going to break the bank!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

erinn wrote: »
    Gary Rodes (D7)...chapter one
    the westin, down stairs in the mint bar is really nice as well, normal prices (well the last time i was there is was)
    Rhodes has been closed for about a year. The mint bar was rubbish last time i was there, it's only open sometimes too.
    OP if you post a price range we'll help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Depends on the number of people you'll be having and your budget. For a special occasion like that, though, you'll probably push the boat out a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Parking may also be a consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NickJagger

luigi malones in temple bar is great
    or the winding stair on the quays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Vaughens terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

The Farm on dawson st is a really yummie organic restaurant very reasonably priced or Fire up the road in the Mansion House is good too, bit more classy if it's a celebration, congrats on ur graduation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

If you want something a bit specific, 'Maloti' is an Indian restaurant on south william street. Really good food, very friendly and accomodate large groups. Also, very reasonable in the price division.

Further afield, 'Aqua' in Howth is a beautifully set restaurant right on the sea. Beautiful panoramic views. Food is good, not spectacular, and it is a bit pricey. However, for the setting alone its worth the visit, especially if you get a table there about 30-40 minutes before sunset. Obviously weather may factor though.

Shame D7 is gone, that was a really nice spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Ely Wine Bar on Ely Place is really nice, one of my favourite restaurants. Was there a while back with the other half and had a really extravagant meal and bottle of wine, and it worked out about 65 each. It works out a bit cheaper with a group: about 60 each including 2 bottles of wine that cost 70 per bottle! I think they do an à la carte menu too, which may be cheaper again.

For a slightly cheaper option, FXB on Pembroke St is nice too. They have an option of 2 set menus for about 50 and 40. If you have a larger group, there's a private room that can accommodate about 50 people. We've been there for club dinners and the staff couldn't have been nicer. One night we were there till 2.30am!

Probably best to avoid a hotel as the food never tends to be as good.

Congratulations on your graduation! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Try Topolis on Parliament st, my favourite Italian restaurant in Dublin, and the one that has been most consistent in quality. Also the prices are very reasonable, and service is usually excellent. Can't recommend it enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

jdivision wrote: »
    Rhodes has been closed for about a year.

i was there within the last year so its not closed that long...think it was about november...not too sure tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

erinn wrote: »
    i was there within the last year so its not closed that long...think it was about november...not too sure tho!!!
    Closed in Jan to do some renovations, hasn't been open since.

To the OP - there are dozens of threads on the Dublin City form which cover your question in depth.

Advertisement