Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading images not working on Vodafone?

• 08-08-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭

Phone: Nokia 6300
    Network: Vodafone

I am having trouble downloading images from the internet onto my phone recently. The problem is that the image quality is always very low these days. The problem started about a month ago when I was unable to connect to the internet at all for a day or so. I had connection problems for a while after that but it steadily got better. At first, when I could connect to the internet, if I tried to download an image I would only get the message "no gateway response". It has since become possible to download images but the quality is always very low.

I'm wondering did I change some setting (I have image quality set to high) or is it a network/coverage problem. I live in Dublin (Ranelagh) if that's important, I've also tried it when I was in Ringsend. Oh and I'm using the latest version of Opera mini.

Any information on this problem would be great, I need a new backdrop soon :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

have you tried to use nokia own browser instead of opera mini ? Or maybe try skyfire as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

I think I had the same problem with mine, and it seemed to be down to the APN. I was using Vodafone Live! APN, but when I changed to MISP the problem was sorted.

Are you using Vodafone Live! when you connect?

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    have you tried to use nokia own browser instead of opera mini ? Or maybe try skyfire as an alternative.
    tks.
    Tried the phones own browser there and had the same problem. Didn't try skyfire yet, tbh i'd like to sort the problem using opera mini as it was working on that before and i'm a big fan of it.
    I think I had the same problem with mine, and it seemed to be down to the APN. I was using Vodafone Live! APN, but when I changed to MISP the problem was sorted.

Are you using Vodafone Live! when you connect?
    tks.
    Just checked and i was using MISP. I changed it over and back just to make sure, still the same problem.

Think i'll try and re-do all my settings to make sure they're all correct. I'll post back when i've done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 psmiley

Try using the live! APN in proxyless mode:

Open/edit the Live! APN and select Options and advanced settings :

1) you need to delete the IP address in the Proxy server address field and
    2) set the DNS field to automatic

• Advertisement

I tried these settings (nicked from the Cabbage thread):
    wrote:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration->add->access point

Account name: vodafone isp
    Go into access point settings

Data bearer: gprs (or packet data)
    Go into bearer settings
    Access point: isp.vodafone.ie
    Authentication type: Normal
    Username:vodafone
    Password:vodafone

settings->configuration->personal configuration
    Highlight vodafone isp and press options->activate

settings->configuration->default configuration
    highlight vodafone isp and press options->set default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes
    and it's working now. Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

Advertisement