Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous ban

Options
  • 08-08-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

I have received a 14 day ban from the GAA forum. It is my second ban from the GAA forum,both received for defending my county. The people on it completely overstep the mark and slag dublin but I get on with it and take it on the chin.

However I finally do get rattled and when I do reply and give a bit of banter back,it is reported and I receive a ban. I would like this to be investigated further and I don't know if I'm in the right place or doing it correctly but any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

The first ban of a few days was for calling Meath the scum. Your second ban was for trolling in a thread about Ciaran Whelan but mostly for the statement below. This is abuse and against the forum charter, this is your second ban in a short period of time hence the longer ban
    Dub973 wrote:
    Your talking utter muck!! You've must never have seen the man..actually you probably haven't,sorry,I forgot there's no television in boggerland ya culchy spanner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ban looks justified to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Dub973

The first ban of a few days was for calling Meath the scum. Your second ban was for trolling in a thread about Ciaran Whelan but mostly for the statement below. This is abuse and against the forum charter, this is your second ban in a short period of time hence the longer ban

If you knew what's good for you,you'd but out. I'll quote all the abuse us dubs got in that thread if you want. That'll get on your nerves,you know you are in the wrong here. Beleive me,I won't be accepting this ban

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Dub973 wrote: »
    If you knew what's good for you,you'd but out.
    What do you mean by that? Bearing in mind that cruiserweight banned you.

Gordon wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? Bearing in mind that cruiserweight banned you.

I mean that if he doesn't get lost and let me fight this case,I will have him banned for constant slagging and abuse. I took the banter as banter but he went off crying and got be banned. So if he's not careful he'll find himself facing a lengthy ban aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

If you knew what's good for you,you'd but out. I'll quote all the abuse us dubs got in that thread if you want. That'll get on your nerves,you know you are in the wrong here. Beleive me,I won't be accepting this ban

Please do quote whatever you want from the thread.

Also may I have your permission to publish the PM where you admitted over stepping the mark.

Please do quote whatever you want from the thread.

Also may I have your permission to publish the PM where you admitted over stepping the mark.

I'd be very careful as that last message could be perceived as trolling and also black mail. I have the right to appeal this ban by myself and without constant annoyance from people like you. How do I report you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I should have been clearer with my first post which you have ignored, The ban was justified and the way you have acted here reinforces in my opinion that you need to examine how you are acting on this site.

The ban stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I mean that if he doesn't get lost and let me fight this case,I will have him banned for constant slagging and abuse. I took the banter as banter but he went off crying and got be banned. So if he's not careful he'll find himself facing a lengthy ban aswell.
    Cruiserweight as a moderator has right to post here. I dont see how you can get him banned :rolleyes:.
    You personally abused a poster. That's what the ban is for.

Sparky wrote: »
    Cruiserweight as a moderator has right to post here. I dont see how you can get him banned :rolleyes:.
    You personally abused a poster. That's what the ban is for.

You go and look at the ciaran whelan forum. Examine how much anti-Dublin abuse I tool in that! That's why I want to ge him banned! I had to put up with far worse than being called a culchy. That's why I want him banned and also for blatebt trolling,he is trying to stir this up.

Oh yeah but on boards-I can't remember a ban ever being overturned because of corruption at the top. But please this time,can you see what is the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You go and look at the ciaran whelan forum. Examine how much anti-Dublin abuse I tool in that! That's why I want to ge him banned! I had to put up with far worse than being called a culchy. That's why I want him banned and also for blatebt trolling,he is trying to stir this up.

Oh yeah but on boards-I can't remember a ban ever being overturned because of corruption at the top. But please this time,can you see what is the problem.
    Anti Dublin abuse you took?
    I dont see anywhere in that thread where abuse was directed at you for being a Dub. Infact the post where you were called and idiot was infracted just like yours was too for direct personal abuse.

Don't take everything to heart.

This discussion is over. Your ban stays - sit it out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement