Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dalkay

Options
  • 08-08-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

this is kind of a stupid question but as i haven't been up to look around get i just wanted to no if any of the route in dalkay are bolted or are they all trad ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Is that some sort of code or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

From what I remember (it's been a while) they are trad there are a few cams, in some of the routes, If you're happy to use a rusty old cam go for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm not sure of the current situ, but Dalkey has traditionally been bolt free...

Not your ornery onager

Actually are there ever random meets out there?
    Love to get back into climbing but none of my mates are into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I just did my first climb in ballykeefe quarry (KK) today and I'd defo be up for heading to Dalkey. doesn't make sense to drive 2 hours to KK, when there is a place in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

thats cool thanks just thought id ask before i went out and bought a load of gear

• Registered Users Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gillo wrote: »
    Actually are there ever random meets out there?
    Love to get back into climbing but none of my mates are into it.
    The Irish Mountaineering Club have a regular Thursday evening meet there. You would have to join the club to participate, though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

All trad, no bolts. Ballykeefe is the only place in Ireland that has some bolts as far as I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

No bolts, a few old steel stakes/pegs on top for belaying. As always examine carefully before you trust your life with them.

A lot of people use the bushes at the top of the routes also but again, check it then check it again and for luck check it a third time. They always worked for me but glad to say I never had a bad fall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement