Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRE Test Literature

Options
  • 08-08-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Just a general question - if anyone here has taken the GRE test in the past and still has the guidebooks etc. for it, especially the Baron's or the Princeton one, I would be interested in taking them off your hands. Thanks!

Any other comments / advice from those who have taken it would also be interesting.

Comments

I found the material on the website to be sufficent to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

I would be sure to do timed practice test as often as possible. This will give you an idea as to where you are. I would suggest maybe once a week or so, depending on when you're taking the exam, and then focus your studies on where things are most difficult. All the standardised test are rather a pain.

Best of luck. Where are you applying? I'm assuming universities in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

It depends on just how good the schools you are applying for are. I worked my way through the Baron & Princeton & Kaplan ones - I don't remember enough of them to be of use though.

Far and away of best use of my time was an old GRE publication of hundreds of actually administered previous tests. Now the format has changed somewhat since, I'm not sure just how much of that book is of use to you with the new math portion, and you'll probably have trouble tracking it down at this point.

Advertisement