Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digitalb in Kaon box

• 08-08-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I purchased one of these recently and only set it up there now and it says no access when i put the viewing card in, I know I'll have to pair the digitalb card with the box to receive the HD channels but should the SD channels work away regardless or does the card and box have to be paired to watch any digitalb channel?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

SD channels (most) work in any decent receiver without pairing, so I'd expect the same from the Kaon.

BTW, maybe this deservers its own thread.

Leave the box on Supersport 1 for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Ya, have it on Supersport 1 since about 3 o clock today, no sign yet, card only has a month or so left so I'm not bothered really as I'll be getting a new one anyway for the new season.
    Regardless of what anyone says about Digitalb, you get an awful lot of football for €250 a year including all HD matches that are on Sky/ESPN, great value as far as I'm concerned.

byte

Might be a few bob cheaper to renew your existing card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

digitalb renewals are 30% less with Alsat at the moment.

byte

digitalb renewals are 30% less with Alsat at the moment.
    Yeah, just to rub it in! :(

• Advertisement

Right!! Now I don't know if the p*ss is bein taken here but i enquired about getting my Digitalb card re-activated and paired up with my Kaon Hd box and this is the reply I got from alsat:

"Hi

to watch supersport HD u need to buy DigitALb + Supersport + HD
    channels together which it cost £339"

Now I done a little searching there now and found this:

http://tringsat.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=81&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

This is the complete Gold package along with a Kaon receiver for £399, All I want is Supersports in HD and nothing else, am I getting the p*ss taken or is the only way I'll get HD channels is to buy the full package? On top of that I'd be assuming the Kaon box is worth a helluva lot more than £60.

Anyone know any more info on this subject? I'd be extremely grateful for any replies,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Is it a digitalb kaon reciever or a general Kaon receiver?

snaps wrote: »
    Is it a digitalb kaon reciever or a general Kaon receiver?

Its the official Digitalb Kaon HD receiver I have, I'm still waiting for replies from a couple of sellers as regards the price for HD channels. (If there is a charge for it)

So I had 2 cards to re-activate, one of them was to be paired up with the Kaon receiver. I bought the first activation for £190stg from Tringsat which was a great price but was then quoted £339stg to re-activate and pair up the other card with the receiver.
    I found a seller on ebay who I have to say is very decent and the communication with him was excellent, he assured me there was no extra charge to pair up the card and activate the HD channels, €235 all in which I thought was very reasonable, its only after activating Supersports 1-5 there now but no sign of the HD channels yet...... But he seems a decent seller, I doubt he'll let me down, maybe it takes longer for the signals to be sent down to the HD channels

A hem... I have to eat a bit of humble pie here, I thought I was being the smart fella buying the Kaon box seperate and looking for the cheapest sub to get HD when it turns out it would've made more sense to buy the package all in one!

The only way to watch Digitalb Supersport in HD is to subscribe to the full HD Gold pack which includes all the digitalb channels and HD movies and sports.

The seller I got my card off was misinformed by his suppliers in Albania and was more than apologetic over the situation, he offered me a full refund straight away and said he would try to sell my Kaon box on ebay for me if I so wished.

He told me he could get me a brand new Kaon HD box and 12 month Gold card paired with it for €420 in total delivered n all, I assume he's making no money from this as the best possible price I've seen for this is £410stg plus delivery with Tringsat/Alsat and those people are literally in bed with Digitalb and I'm assuming thats the best possible price they can sell it for.

After a few phone calls I got rid of the Kaon Box, 12 month sub to the SD channels, 90cm dish and installation of it all for €550 so I'm taking him up on his offer for €420 and I'm happy now after a lot of messing about!!

I have to recommend this seller as he genuinely could'nt do enough for me and answered all my mails in minutes. He's selling Digitalb cards and renewals on ebay and is based in Kerry, alba-satellite is the name. Its €235 at the minute for renewals which is very competitive, even Marconi digital are charging £250stg and thats their "reduced" rate.

• Advertisement
    byte

Thanks for the update. Seems there is a lot of misinformed sellers out there, not just with Digitalb, but with other providers too.

I've came across alba-satellite's ad on eBay before on a supersport search. Good to hear some good real feedback. I'm still tempted to re-activate my SS card, but gah. I've not got enough slots for cards, let alone more cash to throw!

Advertisement