Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government looks likely to squander €3.8 million Asgard insurance money.

Options
  • 08-08-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

What a shame, the Government receives a lump sum of €3.8 million for an insurance payment from Allianz on the Asgard after it sank off the coast of France almost a year ago.

It now looks as if it is going to pocket this money with the no immediate plans for the salvage or rebuilding of this ship. Charles Haughey despite the rogue he was would be turning in his grave at the thought of this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0808/1224252232296.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

What a shame, the Government receives a lump sum of €3.8 million for an insurance payment from Allianz on the Asgard after it sank off the coast of France almost a year ago.

It now looks as if it is going to pocket this money with the no immediate plans for the salvage or rebuilding of this ship. Charles Haughey despite the rogue he was would be turning in his grave at the thought of this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0808/1224252232296.html

Hardly squandering the money!
    Buying a sail ship with it in the current climate would be squander.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

That insurence money would do nothing for the economy. I think the op is right. Another ship would be better spent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

That insurence money would do nothing for the economy. I think the op is right. Another ship would be better spent!

Than what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

dvpower wrote: »
    Than what?

Then what, what! what was the last one doing! Same thing with this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Charles Haughey despite the rogue he was would be turning in his grave at the thought of this.
    And I imagine the thought of him turning and digging downwards would please a lot more people than Asgard III

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

ninty9er wrote: »
    And I imagine the thought of him turning and digging downwards would please a lot more people than Asgard III

There is no "downward" from where he is.

Advertisement