Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Brand of Gearbox Internals?

Options
  • 08-08-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Since my Jing Gong AK SPETZ Krinkov has broken again and this time it sounds like the gears have died, I've decided that the internals just need out and out replacing.

I'm trying to figure out which brand of gears should I use to upgrade them. I heard that Tokyo Marui gears are made of a relatively weak alloy. Systema seem to be cripplingly expensive. However, I found one company called Guarder selling a product that seems reasonably priced but I don't know anything about their quality control. Can anyone shed some light on if these are any good?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/guarder-sp120-full-tune-up-kit-for-marui-ak-beta.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

If you do go that one, make sure you get a M85-90 spring and don't use the one with it, it will put your AEG wayyy over the limit.
    I have a few Guarder components in my gearbox and I'm quite happy with them (shims and piston head).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Whats the problem? If you hear a screchy kinda noise it might just be the motor alignment screw. it can move from the vibration. check that out, if ya dont know how to feel free to bring i back in and I'll have a look over it for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Masada wrote: »
    Whats the problem? If you hear a screchy kinda noise it might just be the motor alignment screw. it can move from the vibration. check that out, if ya dont know how to feel free to bring i back in and I'll have a look over it for you. :)

Yeah, every time I pull the trigger it sounds like the gears are grinding or stripping. I'll bring it back in to you guys on Wednesday. I do plan on upgrading all the internals at some point though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its unusual to see JG stuff go through gears that easily so its more than likely just a matter of adjusting the motor id say. see ya Wednesday. :)

So... Guarder are good then, ja?

How would they compare to Systema? And how good are Tokyo Marui gears?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

just go with systema,

Skatedude wrote: »
    just go with systema,

Not exactly what I asked. I want to know how they'd stand up to the incredibly expensive Systema products.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yes, Systema are a good brand as are Element, Guarder, Nineball, G&P etc.
    Just becasue its expensive doesn't meant its the best.

Advertisement