Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Coast Warzone promo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

1:44

"So here we are in the lobby, this is where the registration's gonna be. We're gonna have several nice-looking young ladies with which to register you with..."

I love how he reacts when he realises what he just said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Wow why don't we have pool parties after our tournaments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"It is going to be....hype." :P The way she said that was just so ridiculous. God, why do people do that stuff. Suppose sex sells in every format.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

This was the tourney I was telling you all about!

I just wanna be at the pool party.

MEGA HYPE SON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm sorry, I have to do this....."She can play with MY joystick"!

that is just bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I bet he threw a stick at her right after!

The first promo video has even moar wimmens!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh, gootecks
    Awesome_2.0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

If I was halfway decent at Street Fighter IV or even owned it, I'd go. Is anyone here seriously thinking about going to EVO next year?

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    If I was halfway decent at Street Fighter IV or even owned it, I'd go. Is anyone here seriously thinking about going to EVO next year?

I'm thinking seriously about it. A week in Vegas featuring some EVO would go nicely. If it goes East Coast, I'm cool with that too! Hell, if West Coast Warzone goes off next year, I'll go to that too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

does gootecks play street fighter 4?
    or does he just sell it..... and yeah i'm considering some evo nxt year pretty seriously just for the fun and experience

meducation wrote: »
    does gootecks play street fighter 4?
    or does he just sell it..... and yeah i'm considering some evo nxt year pretty seriously just for the fun and experience

Between podcasting and starting "Bar Fights" Gootecks finds the time to play some SFIV. He plays Balrog and came joint 17th at Evo this year. Saying this however, he is better known for coming first in the stick throwing contest this year at Evo.

Gootecks is a bit of a whore tbh. He practically begged people to donate money to him so that he could purchase a console to practice Street fighter on. :rolleyes: He also sells podcasts featuring "experts".....that have oddly never won anything.

In his defence, he's also had Jwong on twice (or more), and he wins everything!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    In his defence, he's also had Jwong on twice (or more), and he wins everything!

Thats just the regular podcast tho. He sells another one with "pro tips" and I doubt wong would risk harming his reputation by doing one for money.

I'm not saying he's an awful person or anything. I'm sure he's quite cool to hang out with and stuff like that. And if people want to make a buck, thats cool. But he has waxed lyrical for years about building the community and sharing knowledge freely to improve the level of everyone...........and then goes looking for hand outs for free equipment and selling stuff that he claims should be freely shared. Hugely hypocritical and scumbaggery at the highest level tbh.

Oh yeah, now that I think of it... gootecks recommended Video Game Central in some of his podcasts.
    That business ended up delaying every single order they had, by about 6 months. Lots of other sh!t, happened, too.

Oh yeah, and on G4 he waxed lyrical over the Madcatz TE - which is understandable.
    Then he said he'd rather have an SE... than the proper custom they were also "reviewing". Yeahhhhh...

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats just the regular podcast tho. He sells another one with "pro tips" and I doubt wong would risk harming his reputation by doing one for money.

Justin Wong was selling $20 tutorial lessons a couple of months ago, and to look here again, he has continued it. There's nothing wrong with a player looking to share his knowledge for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Can't help but envy the life of a SFIV fan in West coast US versus Ireland sometimes though looking at those promo vids. Bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Can't help but envy the life of a SFIV fan in West coast US versus Ireland sometimes though looking at those promo vids. Bah!

How would you know? You never turn up to the Dublin tourneys! :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Zing :D
    NeoKubrick wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with a player looking to share his knowledge for money.

and to this I would reply....
    if people want to make a buck, thats cool. But he has waxed lyrical for years about building the community and sharing knowledge freely to improve the level of everyone...........and then goes looking for hand outs for free equipment and selling stuff that he claims should be freely shared. Hugely hypocritical and scumbaggery at the highest level tbh.

• Advertisement

In fairness, the guy did quit his job and everything to try and make money professionally from Street Fighter - not that I think that that's a good idea, but if he made that decision after saying the stuff about information being freely available (which I'm sure all the stuff he's doing in the pro podcasts or whatever is anyway - as far as I know Gootecks has never come up with any new revolutionary metagame development or anything), I don't think it's too bad.

There are many jobs where consumers could instead find out the information for themselves instead of paying to someone to help them out with - I don't think this is much different from that. If he were actually keeping something that he'd figured out about the game mechanics which isn't in the public domain yet, such as the EX kara cancelling mechanic that was discovered (not by Gootecks), then that's hypocritical imo.

Basically my opinion on the guy is that it's pretty insane to do what he's doing, and I wonder how there's any demand for it, but hey, if there is and he can make a living off it, fair play!

As for asking for donations for his xbox or whatever, again, fair play if people are willing to hand him out money for a video game system! I don't understand why anyone would donate, but apparently people were willing to, so again, fair play.

and to this I would reply....
    Yeah, it's hypocritical, but it's not "scumbaggery of the highest level"; let's put this into perspective: he's not stealing money. I'll also add that priorities change for people, and that invariably means going back on what you said you'll do. Gootecks did offer a free Third Strike in-depth guide in exchange for a simple email address, too. So, at least he followed through with his intent at one time.

Gootecks, Wong or any other player in any other game that offers their knowledge or time for money will not damage his reputation for doing so.

And, yeah, I'd be interested to know how much Gootecks and Wong receive from sponsors and Street Fighter events, etc.

Haha you got me, alright :p although I was referring to the sunny weather and hot chicks combined to the SF scene thing :pac::o

Gootecks doesn't really bother me too much, he's trying to make money from something he loves, fair enough I suppose. I dunno all that much about him anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

if we went to evo we would all quit SF forever
    SBO we would probably go for suicide

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Haha you got me, alright :p although I was referring to the sunny weather and hot chicks combined to the SF scene thing :pac::o

Obviously you've never seen the picture of Retrogamer in drag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Obviously you've never seen the picture of Retrogamer in drag!
    Just incase, ya know, anyone missed it or anything.

n743233480_1080176_1389.jpg

Ropedrink sounds like you need to get your arse down to XGC more then me!

All I know is its the xbox place across the road for games workshop or whatever (that place where people play that warhammer board game or something):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

eh... she's hot, and dumb and she'll be wet in a pool. I'm pretty sure any SFIV fan on the west coast with half a nut will be at that thing.

• Advertisement

I'm about 80% sure that I'm going to West Coast Warzone. I know one or two heads in SoCal so I won't be alone. I'm gonna do SFIV and if I can find a random dude, HDR 2v2. I might do third Strike but MvC2 can suck my balls.

Advertisement