Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I tune my Sony Car Radio?

• 08-08-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there, can anyone give me a hand with trying to tune my car radio. I have a Sony Xplod 100db - if that makes sense to anyone! :) I have tried tuning it a few times. i have scrolled through the channels until i find one i want to tune in e.g 98fm I hold down the button e.g 1 to 6 and which ever one I want 98fm to be on e.g channel 4 and wait for a beep and that makes me think it is tuned. However, when i turn off the engine in my car and turn it back on the tuning i have just done has been erased for some strange reasons. It is driving me mad as i love the radio while driving in the car. So if someone, anyone can give me a hand I would really, REALLY appreciate it :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

There are usually two ways of connecting the power to the stereo, one of which will trickle power to it so that the radio preset memory is saved when you switch off the ignition. Check the manual for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sony CDXGT300 by any chance? manual here. Manual tuning is on page 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MandyManders

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I don't have the manual as the radio just came with the car which i just bought like 3 weeks ago so i've no idea how to tune it but i'll look up the link above to see if the same advice they give will help me.

The Radio is a CDX - GT414U Sony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The Radio is a CDX - GT414U Sony

User manual for above sony head unit here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

TskTsk wrote: »
    There are usually two ways of connecting the power to the stereo, one of which will trickle power to it so that the radio preset memory is saved when you switch off the ignition. Check the manual for details.

Doesn't it also depend on the make of car or something? I seem to remember someone saying that you need to swap some wires in a VW or something.

MandyManders - do the same again and tune in a number of stations. Switch between them and see if the settings are kept. If they are until you restart the car then it's probably an installation issue. If they aren't, then read the manual.

• Advertisement

Eoin, you are right this is exactly what is happening to me when i try to tune in a few channels i.e they are fine and stay where i want them to until i turn off the car and restart it and its as if the memory has been erased! So it might be an installation problem which would something i wouldn't have a clue about how to go about fixing. I will just have to get a guy to have a look at it :) Thanks for all your help so far its been great. Hal1 thanks for the link it is very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The (very) little I know about these things would suggest that TskTsk has nailed it on the head then - it's not wired properly.

Thanks TSK TSK :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Either your car is a VW/Audi/Skoda of its an Opel. Or else the radio was fitted to one of these cars and before yours.

Either way is a small fix. Remove the radio and you will see a bunch of wires coming from the back of the radio. The Yellow (permanent live) will be split in the middle with connectors. Likewise for the red (ignition live). Pull out the connectors and connect the red to yellow and yellow to red. If this is already done then connect yellow to yellow and red to red.

Dirty Diesel you are right my car is a VW Golf. That's great advice i'll give it a go and hopefully that will be the end to my problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

hopefully that will be the end to my problems.

No. It WILL be the end to your problems :D

Advertisement