Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Swine Flu Bus

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just Like the "terrorist" attack on 9/11 or 5/7 :rolleyes:

Why would they need mass evacs? The bloody things had happened no good in getting out then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Some lad came into work 2 weeks ago coughing and spluttering all over the place. He's mad into money so it takes alot for him to ring in sick. He came in last week and he was still the same. And passing it on to everyone else then, he had some neck. He should have stayed at home.

If i had a sniffle, i would stay at home for a month and use the swine flu as an excuse, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

lisajane wrote: »
    If i had a sniffle, i would stay at home for a month and use the swine flu as an excuse, just in case.

In fairness that's a little much,

Did you ask that dude to use a tissue or sneeze into his elbow at the very least?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Malty_T wrote: »
    Why would they need mass evacs? The bloody things had happened no good in getting out then...
    The next "spectacular" may be biological. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Malty_T wrote: »
    In fairness that's a little much,

Its not really, i hate my job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If this swine flu is going to spread as quick as they say, then people working in customer service or public areas have a far higher chance of catching it. OP if you work in a shop, you cant really expect not to get it, but a bus full of sickies is a bit much. I'm resigned to getting it, fecking general public b*****ds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Donegal people have been fcuking sheep for generations and getting away with it, so I wouldnt worry about it too much

What has that got to do with the topic that is being discussed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

His location is Cardiff and he tries to take the piss out of Donegal people sheep shagging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

The OP was referring specifically to Leterkenny.

I shouldnt have brought sheep into it - obviously a touchy issue for some :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I shouldnt have brought sheep into it - obviously a touchy issue for some :pac:

The Welsh...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

brummytom wrote: »
    The Welsh...?

Welsh occassionaly eat their sheep too so they dont form too close an emotional attachment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tbh, it's not *that* big a deal. It's virulent, but not very dangerous. Few people die from it. Normal strains of the flu are a good deal more vicious in terms of body count.

You probably still don't want to catch it any more than you'd want to catch the normal flu - you'll be on your back in bed for a couple of days, feeling like you're dying.

That's why I'm somewhat convinced that they're overdiagnosing it now to be on the safe side. If a bus full of kids had swine flu, they wouldn't be fit for wandering around a shop declaring, "We have swine flu". They'd have difficulty getting up and down the steps of the bus.

So by all means, wash your hands and if you get it, stay at home. But there's no need to freak out unless getting the normal flu poses a serious risk to you (such as pregnant women or CF sufferers).

Advertisement