Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Equalizer DVD box set €6.49 delivered from Play.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks Oracle, just ordered it- Used to love that progamme! (showing my age now lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

just ordered.. cant go wrong with that prce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Has anyone seen "The Equalizer" in the last few years? I loved this show 20 years ago but would be thinking I'd have rose-tinted glasses and don't want to ruin it by watching it now and it turns out to be not the classic I remember.

Is it still worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

I got this for my Dad for father's day (thought there was a previous BA about this but I can't find it:confused:)
    I watched a couple of episodes with him and although it looks a bit dated (very 80s) we both enjoyed it.
    My 18 year old brother has also watched a few and liked it too.

I'd say it's well worth €6.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ozzieoz

its a top show i have that series 1 dvd set . im 40 and i still love it as cheesy as it was ..

anyone got the series 2 to trade or sell me ? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

26.99 now.

Can be had at ASDA for 6.93
    http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asda/9953194.product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

mathie wrote: »
    26.99 now.

Possibly because of a rush on it from here! I got mine at the good price anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

And back to 6.49 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

ozzieoz wrote: »
    its a top show i have that series 1 dvd set . im 40 and i still love it as cheesy as it was .. anyone got the series 2 to trade or sell me ? lol

Ozzieoz, this is the only officially released DVD of The Equalizer. There's a total of 88 episodes of The Equalizer over 4 seasons. But, amazingly, they've only released the first season (episodes 1-22) on DVD. the other 66 episodes (seasons 2-4) are not available on DVD. There is a video VHS box set. I've read that someone on Ebay has created an unofficial Equalizer DVD with all the episodes and extra interviews.

Almost 25 years later the opening titles are still scary, ominous and exciting:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Watching that clip sealed the deal. I just had to get it. Cheers Oracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Great spot.

Loved this and can't resist at this price.
    What annoys me is Plays exchange rates.

This is £4.99 for UK customers.
    €6.49 is obtained by using an exchange rate of 0.77 where official rate is more like 0.86.

Luckily I live near the border, so use a Northern Ireland address.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ordered it for someone's Christmas stocking!

(My old fella looks like Edward Woodward, btw)

Advertisement