Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do i claim her for hitting mine mx5, or let her go? ( got her insurance details)

• 08-08-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So lads, i was working today mine usual 14 hour shift, when friend ran into kitchen and said: " i have bads new for you, someone hit your car in carpark"

So i ran out, and sow this: some woman drove into mine mx5, while parking... So damage is: a huge scratch on doors and back wing...

I got all her details, insurance details, even got her to write her name, date, damage she did to mine car, and sign it...

So i got back to work, and they went do drink theyr faces off in hotel...

Mine headchef, great lad, took some spirit and worked on that scratch, and it does look better now from distance, but when you come closer: ugly set of scratches...

Anather friend told me to get T3 or E3... Some kind of paste, which will do magic, and i wount even notice that there were something...

do claim her and have it all sorted in moust expencive garadge i can find or just let her go and get all done myself... Its not the biggest damage, but this is mine babe, i love this car. I kind of dont whant to let her get away with that...

So do i teach her a lesson, and claim, so she would losse NCB? specially when there was enought space to park 2 corrolas, and she managed to hit mine tiny mazda... Or just let her go?

p.s. So will garadge do anything about this scratch? Or they will just louth in to mine face and walk away?

And they say we are bad drivers with sport cars...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just get a quote for it to be fixed at a reasonable price, contact the women and ask her does she want to pay for it herself or does she want to go through the insurance.

If she says she'll pay for it, get an invoice written up and make sure she pays it.

If she says go through the insurance then go through the insurance.

Sorted.

Dont pay for it yourself when someone else done it and you have your details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actually was like a dog... :rolleyes:

Will garade will even look at it thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

do claim her and have it all sorted in moust expencive garadge i can find or just let her go and get all done myself... Its not the biggest damage, but this is mine babe, i love this car. I kind of dont whant to let her get away with that...

So do i teach her a lesson, and claim, so she would losse NCB? specially when there was enought space to park 2 corrolas, and she managed to hit mine tiny mazda... Or just let her go?

p.s. So will garadge do anything about this scratch? Or they will just louth in to mine face and walk away?

Don't be vindictive for the sake of it - that doesn't help our premiums at all. No point shafting her out of spite. A garage will absolutely deal with this for you - they're hardly going to turn away business in this day and age.

Post your rough location and you'll probably get some recommendations.
    And they say we are bad drivers with sport cars...:rolleyes:

Was anyone killed or even the slightest bit hurt? Completely irrelevant comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So do i teach her a lesson, and claim, so she would losse NCB?

She made a mistake (by hitting your parked car). She admitted it and she will pay the damage

Why teach her a lesson?

Try and follow your friends tip to get rid of the scratch. If it works, great. Call her and tell her you won't take it any further. If it doesn't work and your not happy with the result, get a couple of quotes to get the damage repaired professionally. Ring her with the cheapest quote and let her decide whether she wants to pay herself or wants the insurance company to handle it.

Edit: note to self: must learn how to type faster :D

eoin wrote: »
    Don't be vindictive for the sake of it - that doesn't help our premiums at all. No point shafting her out of spite. A garage will absolutely deal with this for you - they're hardly going to turn away business in this day and age.

Post your rough location and you'll probably get some recommendations.

Was anyone killed or even the slightest bit hurt? Completely irrelevant comparison.

well, if i would hit some one with sports car like this, i would be claimed a boy racer and i would get hanged on nearest tree... :rolleyes:

I drive on irish roads for 4.5 years and newer had any accident, but there is allways someone to hit me thought...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    She made a mistake (by hitting your parked car). She admitted it and she will pay the damage

Why teach her a lesson?

Try and follow your friends tip to get rid of the scratch. If it works, great. Call her and tell her you won't take it any further. If it doesn't work and your not happy with the result, get a couple of quotes to get the damage repaired professionally. Ring her with the cheapest quote and let her decide whether she wants to pay herself or wants the insurance company to handle it.

Edit: note to self: must learn how to type faster :D

thx for advice m8, mine friend can get to polishing equipment for free, and do the job. So it will cost me about 5eu + pint to mine friend/ If that will help ofcourse...

Thought i got really pissed of :(... there was so much spaces, and she managed to hit mine little mazda!!! It wasnt even moving object fudge sake ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anybody can make a mistake and tip a car in a car park, I've done it myself

well, if i would hit some one with sports car like this, i would be claimed a boy racer and i would get hanged on nearest tree...

Accidents happen, and nobody was hurt. It was a little knock in a car park, no need for all the rolleyes.

While there is no need to "teach her a lesson", there is nothing wrong with getting your car professionally repaired. Again, if you post your location you might get some good recommendations.

I am from mallow, co cork m8.

pug 406 - got hit in to wing, all wing destroyed... they ran away... ( mine first proper irish car)

Merc clk200 - got a huge huge scratch on the back wing, you can slide your coins in it... they ran away aswell.

now mine mx5 got hit, and i actually got them cought! I got hit 3 times now, and i newer hit anyone!!!

Can you understand me m8? Its just so unfair!!! thats why i am being a bit emo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

You have her number, so if she was ugly or fat, i'd say claim...... If she was fit I'd say ask her out!! (doesnt go well...claim! :D)

• Advertisement

I completely understand that you're pissed off, I would be too.

I think that PaintDoctor on this forum does stuff like this, and is based in Cork. He has a mobile service too. Might be worth sending him a private message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Hey shadow, sorry to hear your beloved mx5 got hit. I think you shouldn't worry too much about it. Definately don't go overboard and claim from a massive garage quote. She didn't mean to hit your car, I'm sure she was really upset when it happened. It would be bad karma to go crazy over a scratch. Get that T cut stuff from Halfords- it will fill in the scratch and you'll hardly notice it. Don't worry baby! I know you're upset and I would be if someone hit my mx5 but nobody got hurt and the car is grand so thats the main thing. Its only a little cosmetic thing.... Go for a spin now with the roof down - that will calm you down!

Thx for support lads, and specially katiemaloe ;). I fell better now, thats why i even started this thread. when it all happened i as like a dog, and i just whanted to claim her arse off, but now when i got calmed down, mine brain started to kick in.

eoin cheers, is that acutall fella on boards?

Btw got a pic few secs ago, have a look... maybe i am just being a dramaqueen?

subraizesuka.jpg

There is nothing wrong with insisting that it's back to its previous condition - so don't feel like you should settle for it being not too bad. Just no need to screw someone out of it to teach them a lesson, is all!

Yep, PaintDoctor is on boards.ie - he used to be ned78.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

were and when did it happen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

No worries shadow- that will be sorted out easily and your baby will be back on the roads lookin gorgeous in no time!!! :D

Katie thx ;), i am planing to go to NI next weak, and i really did not whanted this to happen :(

It happened in springfort hotel, around 17:00 m8. Its good mine car was in front of cameras and in front of hotel, not in car park.

they would run away aswell i bet...

Katie thx ;), i am planing to go to NI next weak, and i really did not whanted this to happen :(

It happened in springfort hotel, around 17:00 m8. Its good mine car was in front of cameras and in front of hotel, not in car park.

they would run away aswell i bet...

Well you need to calm yourself down and dont be thinking of screwing that women that bumped into you as its the likes of you that has insurance high.

Why would you claim from her insurance if all you need is a bottle of t5 "think its called" less than 20 euro and do it yourself no big deal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

you probably scratched it up by rubbing that dirt off to show us the damage :)

upthedub wrote: »
    Well you need to calm yourself down and dont be thinking of screwing that women that bumped into you as its the likes of you that has insurance high.

Why would you claim from her insurance if all you need is a bottle of t5 "think its called" less than 20 euro and do it yourself no big deal !

excusme me, like me? Maybe it goes high becouse woman like that cant park a corola, where you could park in a truck?

And why should i pay for her mistake aswell?

• Advertisement

excusme me, like me? Maybe it goes high becouse woman like that cant park a corola, where you could park in a truck?

Come on its a small scratch.Surely give the option to give you 50euro max to but the scratch remover no big deal but going through insurance is just being mean.

you just answered your own question.

if you are not going to pay for it. Claim for the damage. you are entitled to as she damaged your property.

and if you dont want to claim dont.

it is as simple as that. the decision is yours.

Martron wrote: »
    you just answered your own question.

if you are not going to pay for it. Claim for the damage. you are entitled to as she damaged your property.

and if you dont want to claim dont.

it is as simple as that. the decision is yours.

Well i am not that mean, just when someone says stuff like that: you got hit, if you claim, its your fault for car premuims...

If i would be an Arse i wouldnt even start this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

:D:D,im with shadowhearth, what speed was she doing when she was parking maybe 2mph to hit a car at that speed in incredible!

if you give her the option of going through insurance or paying herself its fair!

your car should look the same as when you parked it there when the work is finished on it,

i would be pissed off,you only have it 2 or 3 weeks??

i was not saying your mean or an arse.

there are a few touchy subjects around these forums . you just stumbled on to one.

get a quote to get it fixed. if its too much for you to reasonably pay and the damage is really bothering you talk to the one that damaged it.

you could be able to sort something out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i think it is the likes of a person than can manage to crash while parking that has insurance prices high:)

if someone crashed into my car im hardly going to say ah dont worry il go and buy scratch remover myself and fix the damage!!

bladebrew wrote: »
    :D:D,im with shadowhearth, what speed was she doing when she was parking maybe 2mph to hit a car at that speed in incredible!

if you give her the option of going through insurance or paying herself its fair!

your car should look the same as when you parked it there when the work is finished on it,

i would be pissed off,you only have it 2 or 3 weeks??

yeah, got it 1 month m8. And i just LOVE it!!! I think if someone would scratch mine clk200 like this, i would care alot less :rolleyes:...

Well ill go to garadge on monday, and see what it will be like... If bad... ill call her and ask what she whants to do.

If its fixed with G3, ill get all this done myself, call her, and ask her 10-20euro for pint and g3... It will depend from her is she a b*tch or no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

After seeing the picture I expected the damage to be alot worse from the reactions alright!!

Should be very easy to repair and not costly either, can have the woman pay for the products if you wish i guess, she did accept the blame and seems the type to make ammends in fairness.

BTW Toyo Proxes tyres?? Great choice, use them myself!

The-Game wrote: »
    After seeing the picture I expected the damage to be alot worse from the reactions alright!!

Should be very easy to repair and not costly either, can have the woman pay for the products if you wish i guess, she did accept the blame and seems the type to make ammends in fairness.

BTW Toyo Proxes tyres?? Great choice, use them myself!

Well it looked alot worse, but mine headchef worked on it with spirit, so it looks alot better. I know i am a bit of dramaqueen on it, but its so many times mine car is being destroyed, and this time i got her cought!

Mine plan is: Go to painters, ask theyr opinion, if its does need minor repair, ill give her a call, and offer to pay it, if not.. well claim... But if it can be fixed with G3 and polish, ill do it myself. Friend can polish it out with equipment for me...

btw i did asked if she whants to go throught insurance company, she said yes... I am not that bad lads :D

p.s. yeah, T1R m8, lovely tyres, cheap as chips aswell!!! have them only 2 weaks :D

• Advertisement

bladebrew wrote: »
    i think it is the likes of a person than can manage to crash while parking that has insurance prices high:)

if someone crashed into my car im hardly going to say ah dont worry il go and buy scratch remover myself and fix the damage!!
    Read before you comment.

I meant get the 20-50euro from her and buy the scratch remover no big deal.Its very minor scratch thats all nothing major.:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

were and when did it happen??
    Why does this matter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OP, sorry, but you're completely over reacting.

Just chill out, the damage is minor and easily fixable, get a quote and ask her to pay.

No point throwing your toys out of the pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

For christs sake. The person hit your car. It was an accident. She accepts she's at fault and she didn't try and run away from the scene. Why the hell would teaching her a lesson even come into it?

Find out how much it costs to get fixed. Then pay it yourself, let her pay you for it or go through her insurance.

It's not rocket science and there's not a lot to it. There's also absolutely nothing wrong with wanting your car back to the condition it was in previously.

Random wrote: »
    For christs sake. The person hit your car. It was an accident. She accepts she's at fault and she didn't try and run away from the scene. Why the hell would teaching her a lesson even come into it?

Find out how much it costs to get fixed. Then pay it yourself, let her pay you for it or go through her insurance.

It's not rocket science and there's not a lot to it. There's also absolutely nothing wrong with wanting your car back to the condition it was in previously.

read mine last comment.... :rolleyes:

read mine last comment.... :rolleyes:
    I still got the tone you were going to try and "screw her over" if she wasn't all polite on the phone.

Apoligies if I got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What is all this "mine" talk about? :confused:

This isn't the English forum. Not everyone here speaks English as a first language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

If you are looking for PaintDoctor try the aviation and aircraft forum here.

He is moderator over there and his ad is in his signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sorry, I genuinely couldn't understand the poster.

hey again lads. I was in garadge today, i got qouted for 400eu. I gave her a call. She saids its not too bad and she whants to pay for it. Even said that she will meet me today.

She newer called me back after, so i called her.Then she said she in limmeric at the moment, so i said lets meet in middle its not that far away...she refused: she was tired, plummer have to come over and something else...

she asked to meet on thursday on her day off, then go to garadge where works is going to be done, and she whants to get receipt. fair enought..

Thought after this phone call i had a feeling, that she is marking me as a scammer or something... i couldnt contact her for awile so wrote her sms with name, phone number, mechanics name who gave a qoute, and added: you can check it, if you dont trust me...

She called back, and said its all grand, she trust me, just cant to anything untill thursday...

I did told her aswell, if she wount meet me on thursday i will be forced just to claim her insurance...

p.s. sorry if its hard to read mine posts, i do try to improve mine writing :(

• Advertisement

I hope you get sorted, but give her a day or two to get her stuff together.
    p.s. sorry if its hard to read mine posts, i do try to improve mine writing :(

Don't be sorry. People tend to assume that we are all native English speakers here.

thx m8, boards.ie are prety good to me thought ;). I dont get alot of abuse in here.

I really dont whant it to get a draging insurance witch hunting... If you know what i mean...

We will see on thursday... Its bad timing for me aswell, as i am going to for a weak on sunday...

SORTED!

Like i said, i got a qoute for 400eu, thats for a door and a rear wing, but i had even worse mark on ather side, color was eaten out by some acid or something... it came up, after i washed mine car. So anyway i asked how much would be to fix that aswell?

Fella called me after, and said: 70eu :D , becouse they will mix the color for the first two parts, so they can do this aswell :p

She came over to garadge, payed 400eu bill, and fudged off. fair play...

So i got mine bouth doors, 1xfront wing, 1xrear wing, fully painted with all dents covered for 470eu, from which 400 was payed by corolla driver.

Sometimes bad female driver+accident= Profit :p

Heres some pics, i did them 15 mins ago, outside the garadge:
    door+ rear wing:
    DSCF1722.jpg
    DSCF1724.jpg
    Door+front wing:
    DSCF1726.jpg
    Honestly... i am as happy as a pig in sh*t!!!
    Well done to lads in garadge, 1st class job! bt:)

You're not supposed to benefit from insurance .. but anyway :D

You sure you want your reg up here?

You're not supposed to benefit from insurance .. but anyway :D

Why? i am not benfiting from "HER", becouse she payed the damage she did, and i payed extra to fix mine damage, so all is fair, and no laws were broken :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, the guy's in a good mood, don't bring him down yet! Besides, it only took five seconds to jot it down :p

Lovely MX-5 by the way!

Why? i am not benfiting from "HER", becouse she payed the damage she did, and i payed extra to fix mine damage, so all is fair, and no laws were broken :rolleyes:
    I'm just putting nails into your coffin now.. that's all. :)

I'm just putting nails into your coffin now.. that's all. :)

huh :confused:

huh :confused:
    Nevermind .. just carry on the thread without me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mini mouse

give him a break ....... he didnt profit from her...... it just worked out well for him that it costed a little less to get the other panal resprayed cos they were already gonna be mixing that colour for him..... sure it would be a little silly not to take advantage of that ! ..... he didnt want to profit from her in the first place either, we all know how it feels to have a new car we love and if someone damages it it's human nature to be angry and a little aggrovated( sorry horrible spelling ) !

cars looking great shadow..... happy driving :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement