Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of problems with internet.

Options
  • 08-08-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I live in Dublin 6, Ranelagh, (near Luas station) and so far I have wireless router in house which is for all people living there, usually internet dissapears for few minutes or hours. (Which is really annoying, because whenever I connect to some game server, I get disconnected because of my internet) I am planning to get my own internet. But there is a problem again, for example NTL doesn't provide internet connection in that area, Maybe someone knows what Providers can provide internet in that area? Also I don't want internet for 200 Eur, price is up to 50 Euros. Help please!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Who is your current provider, and how many share the current connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Approx 10 people. And it's Irish Broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

10 users on a single wifi router is never going to work, it'll grind to a halt in no time, especially if anyone is downloading big files or using P2P. You won't have a hope of staying connected to a games server under those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Well that's why I am looking for other provider.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

arleitiss wrote: »
    Well that's why I am looking for other provider.

Double posting is not going to help any of us - can you stick to one thread and clarify exactly what you are looking for? :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055645045

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement