Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd year Economics

Options
  • 08-08-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey! Just going into 3rd year Economics and was wondering does anyone know which modules are manageable and which modules to avoided!???
    I def dont intend on taking Advanced Quants....Intermediate wasnt exactly the most exciting module to have to take!!

Heres a reminder of stage 3 modules:

• Advanced Micro & Macro
    • Health Economics
    • International Monetary Economics
    • International Trade Economics
    • Financial Economics
    • Industrial Economics
    • Economics of Public Policy
    • Economics Project
    • Project
    • Advanced Transport Economics
    • Behavioral Economics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Transport is good Aisling REynolds is a clear lecturer and v v nice if you have questions.

Finance is a bit of a nightmare and MOrgan isn't approachable

Behavioural is great if its Paul devereux not so much if its olivier same for public policy i'd probably avoid if it's olivier.

International monetary would be OK if Karl is taking it nightmare if it's the american guy.

Health is great Kanika and DAvid Madden are brilliant lecturers and its really interesting and not too tough.

if you're not mathsy (I see you didn't like quants) i'd say health behavioural and transport. Is liam delaney doing that psychology one this year? That'd be good although he's a hard marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

Bex2 wrote: »
    Hey! Just going into 3rd year Economics and was wondering does anyone know which modules are manageable and which modules to avoided!???
    I def dont intend on taking Advanced Quants....Intermediate wasnt exactly the most exciting module to have to take!!

Heres a reminder of stage 3 modules:

• Advanced Micro & Macro
    • Health Economics
    • International Monetary Economics
    • International Trade Economics
    • Financial Economics
    • Industrial Economics
    • Economics of Public Policy
    • Economics Project
    • Project
    • Advanced Transport Economics
    • Behavioral Economics