Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O Connell St to UCD

Options
  • 08-08-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

hi there

does anyone know how long it would take to get to ucd from o connell st in the morning rush hour? im thinking that the number 10 would be the quickest but im open to correction on this.

also wondering whats a typical off peak time to/from city centre to ucd via bus

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Yep, the 10 would be quite direct but you could always get any bus that oes down the Stillorgan Road like the 46a. Could take up to 40 minutes. I used to get it in the morning and it took around 30 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I find the 145/46a the quickest but you'll need to walk to the gate to get them. 10 is handy if your on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

best bet is the 10 or 46a IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bex2

ya the number 10 is the best to get cos it goes right into ucd...less walking!! The 46a and 145 stop jst outside ucd beside the montrose hotel. they are handy too. You would need to give yourself 40mins id say, jst to be safe, during rush hr.

The number 11 goes out Ranelagh way and drops you at the cloneskeagh entrace (near the Arcitecture building / Health Science). 40mins also.

during off peak times it sumtimes only take 20-25mins! 10am to 12 and then again after 2pm until 4:30pm and then after 7pm i think but could be wrong with sum of these hrs, i cnt remember!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

145 and 46 a/b/c/d/e are quicker than the 10. With the new traffic restrictions they will be even quicker. Maybe 20 minutes now, but I have not used them with the new traffic restrictions around college green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

46a all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

46a are newer buses as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

The 10 and the 46a are the two regular buses that go out UCD way. There are a few other less frequent buses that also take the same route to UCD, such as the 145. For your first time going out to UCD, I'd recommend getting the 10, as it drives into and terminates on campus. You don't have to worry about missing your stop.

The 10 and 46a take roughly the same amount of time to get out to UCD - give yourself 40 mins first time, although it could be as quick as 20.

You didn't ask, but the 46a is significantly quicker than the 10 going back into town, because the 10 goes via Baggot St and has to loop around a bit due some one-way traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I prefer the 10 but the 46A seems a bit more frequent. I hate when a 46A comes along and you decide to let it go in the hope that a 10 will come along and then 15 minutes later you're still standing there cursing your luck.

Advertisement